Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullet Fairing on Fatboy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 08:37 AM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I put the bullet fairing on my FatBoy Lo.
I wear a full face.
No buffeting. Keeps just enough wind off so I dont have to pull back on my handle bars to hold on at highway speed.Wind off the bullet hits me about mid helmet.
I like it.
I am looking to buy a full windshield but not sure which Memph. Shade one to get.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:42 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
I put the bullet fairing on my FatBoy Lo.
I wear a full face.
No buffeting. Keeps just enough wind off so I dont have to pull back on my handle bars to hold on at highway speed.Wind off the bullet hits me about mid helmet.
I like it.
I am looking to buy a full windshield but not sure which Memph. Shade one to get.
If you are looking for a Full Size Shield, get the Memphis Fats, it will work with your "Trigger lock" Hardware for the fairing.

I have a MS Batwing Fairing, MS Fats Windshield and a MS El Paso Sport Shield . All change out in a minute. I use the Fairing for the long rides over 150mi with a lot of Fwy or cold , The Fats around in the winter for shorter rides and no shield or the sport shield in the summer.

Attached Thumbnails Bullet Fairing on Fatboy Lo-fairing-side.jpg   Bullet Fairing on Fatboy Lo-fbeg.jpg   Bullet Fairing on Fatboy Lo-mssportshield.jpg   Bullet Fairing on Fatboy Lo-fatboy-bags1-2e1.jpg  
Old 01-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess it's a cool idea but to me it looks like something on a Jap bike. I just rather go without and just grinn and bear it without one

Old 01-15-2011, 07:56 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by XARAN
If you are looking for a Full Size Shield, get the Memphis Fats, it will work with your "Trigger lock" Hardware for the fairing.

I have a MS Batwing Fairing, MS Fats Windshield and a MS El Paso Sport Shield . All change out in a minute. I use the Fairing for the long rides over 150mi with a lot of Fwy or cold , The Fats around in the winter for shorter rides and no shield or the sport shield in the summer.
Is the Fats like the HD windshield? I as because I could not rid myself of the buffeting .....

Old 07-18-2011, 03:59 AM
hksigman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WAhog
Hey Brad - can't get to the bike right now but I have 1.75 inch thick T-bars with 8 inch rise and 12.5 inch pull back - I will try and get some measurements tomorrow.

I still have my 10" round utility bag attached the bars underneath the screen (and still managed to fit a bag of five burgers in under the screen coming home last week!). Would have thought that apes would be a no go with this fairing though, even if they did fit not sure it would look right anyway.
im lookin at throwin some 10" z-bars on my deluxe and still lookin for a fairing. do you think that my bars will work? they are 10" across the bottom 10" tall and about 4' pullback...

how about a long term write-up on the fairing...

Old 07-18-2011, 06:43 AM
flstfblo11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-16-2012, 07:02 PM
rooster4
Stage IV

Originally Posted by BUSHRATLO
Here are some pictures of the new Memphis Shade Bullet Fairing. Nice fairing easy to install.
where did u get the fairing from

Old 08-13-2012, 05:19 PM
wheels2012
Stage III

Anyone install one of these on a 2012 Lo out there yet.....I ordered one from JP cycles and it doesn't exactly line up to the 4 mounts on the sides of the forks like it should. Not only that it seems like the adjustment screws rub on the sides of the fork cover as well....In turn rubbing the paint...

Any help would be great!!!

Old 08-13-2012, 05:19 PM
wheels2012
Stage III

Oh the 4 mounts were put on by the dealer for a quick release windshield...

Old 06-23-2013, 05:46 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Anyone else with pics?

Quick Reply: Bullet Fairing on Fatboy Lo