Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21" wheel for an 08 softail deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010 | 11:39 AM
OS_DELUXE
Road Captain

So, what was the solution?

Originally Posted by rayrayray
Figured it out finally...

Old 06-23-2010 | 03:45 PM
autobred
|
Advanced

nice!

Old 06-23-2010 | 08:16 PM
Big Smooth
Cruiser

OS, see what happens when folks try to keep up with the pace you're setting.

Autobred, I'm sorry about the hassles you've had, but really like to spokes you have chosen. RayRay, your sled looks really nice. Love the color scheme.

I guess I was blessed when the shop got my wheels in and threw them on with no problems.

Attached Thumbnails 21" wheel for an 08 softail deluxe-rsz_smoov2.jpg   21" wheel for an 08 softail deluxe-rsz_smoov6.jpg  
Old 06-23-2010 | 08:21 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Big Smooth
OS, see what happens when folks try to keep up with the pace you're setting.
Man you ain't lying!!!! My wife damn near threatened divorce papers if I dropped one more dime in my bike before she gets her own!!! I keep looking at OS and a few others and gosh damn I want an air ride!!!

Old 06-23-2010 | 10:28 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

So what was your fix? Just curious.

This should be the DNA 21"x3" 80 spoke thread...lol...by the way your bike looks nice man with that wheel....what a difference eh'. And you know it looks so much better in person too.

Old 06-23-2010 | 10:59 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member

Looks sweet....

What was the issue???

Old 06-24-2010 | 08:50 AM
rayrayray
Intermediate

Well the the first issue was DNA put 3/4" bearings in, not wanting to deal with them, I went to the local harley place for 1" inch bearing. Brought wheel home and install it but the wheel wouldn't spin although everything lined up....Hmmmmm..... Later figured out the crush tube in between the bearings was to short and when I torque the axle the bearings were binding.

So....brought back to harley to explain the issue. After trying to shim the tube to fill the gap the mechanic realized he put the fat 1" bearings instead the skinny 1" bearings. At that time he realized he had the wrong size crush tube also..... all because he match the wrong bearings width and crush tube length that DNA put in the rim originally, he basically realized that he needed to set up my new rim to the stock settings..... ...... He then shimmed and set the bearing on the primary side (disk side) to spec for alignment of the caliper and popped the other side in. I then sped home nervously for the installation... At this time, I had the whole front wheel figured out..... Took the old one off and rotor and reinstall the 21" and rotor in twenty minutes.... It was spinning like a ****......Finally complete....

Old 08-02-2010 | 05:36 AM
papa_lazarue
1st Gear

hey big smooth
Nice Bike Mate,
What was the wheel choice? I have just about finished my 09 deluxe and love the look of your front wheel. Did you also lower the front end?
I am in australia so parts are hard to get but am always in Cali or new york so I pick up bits when Im overseas
cheers mate

finbar

Old 08-02-2010 | 09:01 AM
FREEFALL
Road Master

Ray,
Have you done any "lowering" or is you bike still stock as far as suspension?

Looks great.

S/F
Freefall

Old 08-05-2010 | 10:04 PM
MADDOG808
Advanced
Talking 21's on Deluxe

I agree Ride Wrights makes my Deluxe looks sick. I have a 21x3.5 front and 18x 3.5 rear. Spokes powder coated black. HD Dealer mounted with no problems. Just had to change spacers. Yeah you definetly want to get rid of the hub cap. Got the progressive lower kit up front dropped the full 2"s and Progressives 422 on rear, slammed to 1 3/4". Turns alot heads and get alot of compliments. Of course my loud Samson longtails draws the attentions. I also just installed SE 204 cams. So my DLUX has really woken up and is
F!@$ENFAST.

Sorry photos old. Will post new stuff soon.

Attached Thumbnails 21" wheel for an 08 softail deluxe-21-front-wheel.jpg   21" wheel for an 08 softail deluxe-cholo-pipes.jpg  

Quick Reply: 21" wheel for an 08 softail deluxe