Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinkin' About a Fat Boy Low...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,305 Likes on 1,706 Posts
Default Thinkin' About a Fat Boy Low...

Have any of ya'll switched from a Dyna to a Fat Boy?

I like my Street Bob but it's in the shop torn apart for repair (under warranty) and there's a new Denim Black Fat Boy Low sittin' on the showroom floor...I'm diggin' it. Have I lost my mind?

Any negative feedback with the Fat Boy Low?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:48 AM
doghair
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have met several people with the FBL and nobody has anything bad to say about it with the exception of the stock bars making you lean forward a bit too much. Easy fix though.

All I can say is if that model had been out when I got my current it would have been a really tough choice between the Deluxe and the Lo for this stubby legged dude. That is one good looking scoot IMO.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:54 AM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just bought one and im loving the crap out of it... the only thing i've noticed is that you have to turn a bit wide to not scrape the floorboards... apart from that its a mean looking machine.. i got the denim black as well...

Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Fuzzman
Road Captain

I loved the FBL. Until I demo'd it. Just seemed a little under-powered, and definitely did not handle as well as my Dyna. Probably I'm just used to the Fatbob, the power thing is easily fixed. The handling is just different on a soft-tail is all. Sure is a good looking bike.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:40 AM
NA7A
Tourer

Just traded in my Street Bob for the FBL and man I am glad I did. What a much nicer ride (not trying to say the Dyna's are not a good ride). I was sure I was going to miss my old ride but after riding it home last week....not so. Like the post up said, the only negatives IMO is you have to go slower around corners and changing out the handlebars was a must for me. If you go to my thread "new pics of my fab boy lo" you will see my bike. Much smoother ride then the Dyna, love it and you will too.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:02 AM
FatVermonter
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never ridden a Dyna. My Fat Boy Lo is my first Harley. I test drove both the Lo and a Deluxe before buying the Lo. The ride position is a little different... the Deluxe bars reach back to you more. I like the huge rear tire on the Lo though... it really gives me confidence going into corners that I've got plenty of rubber on the road. I've never put it over far enough to scrape the boards yet, but then again, I'm not a real aggressive driver, and I haven't been through the Appalachian Gap or Smuggler's Notch (two twisty mountain roads here in Vermont) yet.

The styling (old-time half-moon floorboards, etc) and color (denim black) is ultimately what won me over between the two. I'm going to remove the passenger pillion and install the quick detach black solo rack there for even more throw-back look to it.

Everyone has their preferences... just test ride one and see.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:38 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is my first Harley. Had a sportbike prior but when I saw the Lo, I had to have it. Only bad thing I have to say is that it's hard to ride when you got this big *** smile on your face and trying to keep stuff out of your mouth. It gets me everytime I hop on the bike.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:33 PM
FatVermonter
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Only bad thing I have to say is that it's hard to ride when you got this big *** smile on your face and trying to keep stuff out of your mouth. It gets me everytime I hop on the bike.
Yeah, that's why you need to buy the windshield they made especially for the Lo. I'll be getting one someday myself.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:44 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Mine is my first Harley. Had a sportbike prior but when I saw the Lo, I had to have it. Only bad thing I have to say is that it's hard to ride when you got this big *** smile on your face and trying to keep stuff out of your mouth. It gets me everytime I hop on the bike.
lol, same here... first harley, previous sport bike rider... i love this thing to death, i cant stop smiling.

im having some trouble getting used to the lean angle, i've dragged the crap out of the floorboards but it gets better everytime i go out for a ride.

im getting the whiskers and highway pegs this week and i just got the diamond black grips..

whats the deal with the forward controls? im 6'2 230lbs and i feel like i could use a bit more leg room, would a new seat do the trick?

Old 05-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Glave
Intermediate

OK traded an '07 Street Bob for my Lo. While I agree that the Bob is a bit more nimble in the corners alls I'll say on scraping the floorboards is I now consider them "sacrificial" parts. Figure if I'm gonna ride aggressively enough to scrape them I can replace them when needed.

I love the ride and I feel it will be a better distance ride that tne Bob was.

Pic of both the Lo and Bob

Attached Thumbnails Thinkin' About a Fat Boy Low...-apes-lo-4.jpg   Thinkin' About a Fat Boy Low...-bob2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thinkin' About a Fat Boy Low...