Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy with drag bars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:41 PM
nobody1973
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think apes look really good on the fatboy also. I put 12.5 chubbys on mine.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy with drag bars?-2008-fatboy-24.jpg  

Last edited by nobody1973; 02-13-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:03 PM
jneubig
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed the Wild 1 low rise T bars (WO560) on my 04 Fatty about three weeks ago and could not be more pleased. I am vertically challenged (5'7") and they fit me great. I tried Heritage bars first, then WO508 Road King Chubbies (perfect pullback but I could not stand the wrist angle. I really think these are going to be the ones for me. I haven't gotten any good pics yet (either ridin' or rainin' here), but will try to take a couple tomorrow and post them.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:14 AM
JR Ryder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dugan
Swede, can you share any photos of the Slammers on your FatBoy? Can't decide between them and the Narrow Beach Bars
dugan, did you see the pics of my NBB on page 1 of this thread? Let me know if you need more pics.... I have LOTS.... JR

Old 02-14-2009, 08:48 AM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Just picked up a set of drag bars that I plan installing in a week or two. I think they will look good and feel more comfortable than the stock bars for me on my 04 Fatboy

Old 02-14-2009, 10:27 AM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JR Ryder
dugan, did you see the pics of my NBB on page 1 of this thread? Let me know if you need more pics.... I have LOTS.... JR
Yeah, I did check those out. I'm leaning towards those but would like to see the Slammers before I make my final decision. If I go with the NBB can I use the stock risers and cables? Would you happen to have the dimensions..... rise, width, pullback?

Old 02-15-2009, 12:35 AM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Yeah, I did check those out. I'm leaning towards those but would like to see the Slammers before I make my final decision. If I go with the NBB can I use the stock risers and cables? Would you happen to have the dimensions..... rise, width, pullback?

GREAT QUESTION..... I have 2 pictures that I got off the internet of a FatBoy with NBB's with stock risers..... HOWEVER, the bike has the front signals relocated to the light package on the front of the bike. I'm not 100% sure, BUT, I believe that if you were to use the stock risers, and your signals were still bar-mounted, they could POSSIBLY hit the gas tank. The HD risers (part #56916-07) are WAY better though. Unless you are getting the headlight nacelle with riser-cover, I suggest using the risers I just mention. I took a tonne of pics of my complete transformation. PM me your email address and I'll send you everything you need. JR

PS: I used all my stock cables & wires. I spent hours and hours perfecting all of their adjustments & their fitment to prevent ANY binding or excess slack & rubbing. I had about 2 extra inches of electrical wiring that I tucked away very neatly (I have pics of this too). If you were to use the stock risers, you would end up with even MORE excess wiring. So much so that you might need to trim them a bit.... JR

Old 02-15-2009, 08:35 AM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

JR, I have the Deluxe Aux. Light Kit so no worries with the turn signals on the tank. Plus I'm not quite sure the Light Kit and Drag Bars compliment each other, another reason I'm leaning towards NBB. Please add more photos to this thread, I'm sure others would be interested. The risers you used may be a tad to much rise for me, that's why I was thinking about using the stock. However, now that you mentioned about excess cable.....I definitely don't want that happening.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Markusm
Road Master

wobble? I have no stinking wobble!!!Fatboy with drag bars?-dscn0196.jpg

Old 02-15-2009, 10:57 AM
JR Ryder
Tourer

JR, I have the Deluxe Aux. Light Kit so no worries with the turn signals on the tank. Plus I'm not quite sure the Light Kit and Drag Bars compliment each other, another reason I'm leaning towards NBB. Please add more photos to this thread, I'm sure others would be interested. The risers you used may be a tad to much rise for me, that's why I was thinking about using the stock. However, now that you mentioned about excess cable.....I definitely don't want that happening.

Ok, first two pictures are of a FatBoy with Narrow Beach Bars with stock risers. Please note the signals are no longer bar-mounted. Not sure if they would hit the tank or not. I imagine they COULD.

Next pic: Excess wiring, right side only. This was the more difficult side. AND REMEMBER, this was with the "higher" HD risers. There would even be more with the lower stock risers. Also, the location of the wires in relation to where they sit on the V.I.N. on the bike was important. If they were much lower, they were getting pinched in there.

Next pics: Cable routing. I tried every way you can imagine, and found this to be the best.

Next pics: Various to add to the pics I posted back on page #1 of this thread.

Let me know if you'd like any more. I have lots.... JR

Last edited by JR Ryder; 02-15-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gunner,
Whose bars do you have? I am 5'10" how tall are you?
Danny D

Quick Reply: Fatboy with drag bars?