Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train Rear Fenders, Lets See Yours

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 04:00 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redmustang1990
Just curious, what did it cost to have the rear fender painted? Also does the heartland rear fender come pre drilled for rear turn signals??
Having all off bike painted so cant tell you how much just for fender.
Rear fender does not require pre-drilling for turn signals as you bolt brackets on from underneath and put your signals on brackets.
I cant show you piccys at moment as render away but im sure someone else will oblige.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:40 AM
homerandpooh
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lundee
Sig pic. It's about 4" shorter now. Paints still drying
Awesome bike! This is the look I want but I can't drop 3k to Heartland for it. I want that chopped fender but also want to be able to go 2-UP sometimes. I have been looking at Russ Wernimont fender where you can use the stock struts but it's not exactly what I want. The other option is to change the straight struts to curved ones and then modify (cut) a fender to what I want. Finding the curved struts is my next challenge.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:03 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by hogdiver96
For price i suggest you go too HEARTLAND USA website as all prices for individual parts are on there ! then find another supplier who can usually beat them down by about 10%.

Im in England and i bought my stuff 8months ago when the £ was kicking the $ *** but $ kicking £ *** now so prices for me have changed....but will warn you not the cheapest
Hey mate, where did you buy the kit from in the UK? looking to do the same thing myself but not sure whether to buy direct and get them to ship or buy from somewhere in the UK?

Cheers

PDaddy

Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks man. j&p cycle or ebay. If you have a newer bike the bolt holes are diffrent dimentions and widths so take measurments. This puppy is thick too I've ridden 2-up plenty thats what the ***** for is the 2-up seat post mount. Bought the wife a sporty though cuz' she kept scratching my paint up.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:38 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,407 Likes on 2,587 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
yeh, I like yers too back again.
Love that color. What is that exactly?
HD black cherry is the color.
Struts can be had on the Kraftwerks site,Ness makes some,Milwaukee Iron, and several other sites if you search enough.You should be able to put together struts and fender under a grand if your buying new stuff.Remember the fat boy and heritage stuff will bolt up to your train from like years.Turn signal harness will have to be lengthened if you use all HD parts.
Thanks for the comps everyone.I'm enjoying the ride for know as I've done all I'm gonna do on this bike.Got a Sportster in the build process now that I hope looks and runs as this one does.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:21 PM
HugYourHog
Intermediate

Not sure which fender this is (I bought the bike with it like this), but it looks like the fatboy fender...maybe?

Name:  01150101040401030520080820e1e9aed59.jpg
Views: 2521
Size:  8.3 KB

Name:  DSC05837.jpg
Views: 3453
Size:  265.7 KB

Old 01-02-2009, 02:01 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by plasmadaddy
Hey mate, where did you buy the kit from in the UK? looking to do the same thing myself but not sure whether to buy direct and get them to ship or buy from somewhere in the UK?

Cheers

PDaddy
As far as i know there aint any suppliers in old blighty so i had to order mine from the States..(i did e-mail Lonnie at Heartland for uk supplier but no reply)i took a chance as had never even seen this kit in the flesh b4 and ordered it from a dealer in California ! No probs at all,
You aint that far from me you can come and see it sometime or meet at the "ACE CAFE" for a butchers if you like......

Old 01-02-2009, 02:51 PM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by hogdiver96
As far as i know there aint any suppliers in old blighty so i had to order mine from the States..(i did e-mail Lonnie at Heartland for uk supplier but no reply)i took a chance as had never even seen this kit in the flesh b4 and ordered it from a dealer in California ! No probs at all,
You aint that far from me you can come and see it sometime or meet at the "ACE CAFE" for a butchers if you like......
Cheers hogdiver - was wondering why I didn't get a reply from them!!!
Let me know when you'll be at the Ace, I'll ride down for a look.....

Old 01-02-2009, 03:14 PM
06kustom
Cruiser

What seat are you using on your ride?

Old 01-02-2009, 03:21 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 06kustom
What seat are you using on your ride?
who me ??? Heartland seat.....