Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:29 PM
devo5566
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question

I am going to install the DELUXE AUXILIARY LIGHT KIT (68669-05)ON MY 08 FATBOY
Do I have to use the provided new headlamp front smooth cover? I would rather use the existing Fatboy one.
Also. Is it hard to install the kit??????

Thank you

Old 12-07-2008, 05:18 PM
MNFatboy
Advanced

If your referring to the front cover behind the headlamp you can leave the stock one if you want. I just installed that kit this summer on my 05 Fatboy and changed out the stock cover because the stock one was not chrome finished. The install is pretty straight forward.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:39 PM
devo5566
Advanced

the front light panel is flat and the stock one has 6 indents. I still want that Fatboy look

Old 12-07-2008, 07:07 PM
FACTION95
Road Master

I'm not sure which kit you have but I had to use the smooth one for my Fatboy. The stock one wouldn't work.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by devo5566
I am going to install the DELUXE AUXILIARY LIGHT KIT (68669-05)ON MY 08 FATBOY
Do I have to use the provided new headlamp front smooth cover? I would rather use the existing Fatboy one.
Also. Is it hard to install the kit??????
Thank you
The cover provided with the Deluxe Aux.Kit has cutouts for the wires whereas the stock one doesn't. I wanted to hide the wires so I used the smooth cover. With some enginuity you could probably make cutouts in the stock ribbed cover

Old 03-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Chuky66
Intermediate
Wink

I know this is a bit of an older thread, but, I am looking at the deluxe kit for my 05 Fatboy so I did a search. You guy bought a 400.00 plus kit, (including bulbs) installed it on your bikes, and didn't even post any pics!!! LOL Come on fellas, lets see'em!!!! How did they all come out? I want to see the chrome cover compared to the stock cover left on the bike. I want to see a night pic with the light lit up, and a day pic with the sun glaring off the chrome. How about one with and without the windshield, and maybe a few close-ups of how it all mounted and stuff.
I have almost even talked the wife into me getting this kit because I will be so much more visible to others and be able to see so much more of the road at night, and it will be so much more of a safer ride for me!! (and it looks so good, but I left that part out for her)
How about a pic from the driver's point of view with lights on then off? That might just put it over the top for me guys??
You post'em, I'll use pics to back up my safety plea, and bam! I get light!!
"I love it when a plan comes together!" Help a fella out!!

Chuck

Old 03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuky66
I know this is a bit of an older thread, but, I am looking at the deluxe kit for my 05 Fatboy so I did a search. You guy bought a 400.00 plus kit, (including bulbs) installed it on your bikes, and didn't even post any pics!!! LOL Come on fellas, lets see'em!!!! How did they all come out? I want to see the chrome cover compared to the stock cover left on the bike. I want to see a night pic with the light lit up, and a day pic with the sun glaring off the chrome. How about one with and without the windshield, and maybe a few close-ups of how it all mounted and stuff.
I have almost even talked the wife into me getting this kit because I will be so much more visible to others and be able to see so much more of the road at night, and it will be so much more of a safer ride for me!! (and it looks so good, but I left that part out for her)
How about a pic from the driver's point of view with lights on then off? That might just put it over the top for me guys??
You post'em, I'll use pics to back up my safety plea, and bam! I get light!!
"I love it when a plan comes together!" Help a fella out!!

Chuck

Heres mine with the Deluxe Aux Light Kit (spots) Dont have any close ups or night

I run with them on all the time

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question-fbside-guard.jpg   Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question-mssportshield.jpg   Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question-photo.jpg  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
devo5566
Advanced

I am still waiting for my tank to come back from paint. The light bar looks good and was not that hard to instal. Sure I made a few mistakes along the way lol.

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question-img00007.jpg  
Old 03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Chuky66
Intermediate

Man that looks good! I just gotta have them! I bet they really see ya coming now too. If anyone has a off and on shot at night showing how they light up the road I sure would appreciate it.
Anyone have them with the low profile drag bars?
C-

Old 03-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Chuky66
Intermediate

Anybody have a pic from the rider's seat as what it looks like with the lights off and then on? Might help convincing the wife these are for safety.
C-

Quick Reply: Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question