Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Rear Fender

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:38 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Extended Rear Fender

Whats up FELLAS. Damn its good to be back on the Soft tail (Good) side.

So, haven't been on here in a while.

Got a question. Looking at getting a '15 Deluxe CVO, and I want to do this one up like no other. Many of you know who I am and some of the bikes that I have done in the past. Well this one is going to be my Sistine Chapel.

So, I know that Fireman (Member on here) did some of the extended rear fenders, but I haven't seen him on here in a long time. And I don't want to go with the Klock werks rear, I want extended all the way. So, anybody knows who does a good job on Rear fenders?

Old 11-12-2015, 06:53 AM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Keeping my eye on this. I have a 15 Deluxe and interested in a stretched rear fender also.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:39 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Maybe this can help.

http://www.undergroundchopper.com/Cu...earfender.html

I reached out to him about a year ago when I wanted to redo a fender stretch that was performed on a Klockwerks fender by a local bike shop. They guy I spoke to from Underground seemed responsive enough. I ended up having the local shop start over with a stock Deluxe fender and they turned out a decent job. But, like you, I was searching high and low for alternatives and this was the only avenue I found at the time. If you can weld and if you have access to a welder I would buy a scrap fender and have a go at it. Some good threads can be found with some good photos of the process.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,437 Likes on 4,752 Posts

I have heard from others they were not impressed with Klock Werks, ended up having it fabbed. They also stressed they would have went another route. Personally, I have no idea although most in here have fabbed their own.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:45 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, there is a member on her who was taking orders and I haven't seen him on here in a long time. He made some SICK "Factory" looking extended fenders. I have a couple of welders and I know a fab shop, but was just trying to see if someone on here knew of someone who has done several of them.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:23 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I believe you are thinking of fireman and Nameless. These are the two that I came up with in my search. Fireman is MIA after he took on more work then he could manage and disappeared for a time leaving some forum members in the lurch. Shame because he was doing some great work. And Nameless' fenders are the tetas. He was going to do a fender for me, but I drug my feet trying to give the local shop a chance to fix their work. When I was ready to pull the plug on them and just eat the fender I contacted him, but he wasn't doing side-work on fenders any longer.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:13 AM
8ntsane
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CountryD
I have done a few of these fenders now, and suggest you pick up a used fender or two for your project. I hear ya on the klockworks fender kicking to far. I can say that you will want to be building your fender, and have the bike sitting close by so you can test fit, checking for fit and the look you want. It can make a huge difference if the fender is either to far out, or in. The final look is important to get right!

The last one I did using two fenders I had laying around ended up being fairly simple to build. After you do the cutting and fitting, even if you don't weld, you can pop rivet the halfs together then go visit your body man for final welding. You should find a thread here of the last fender I did. I used the front half from a Heritage, and the back from a FX. This only required the halfs to be trimed, then welded. 2-parts, one weld..

Good luck

Old 11-16-2015, 12:09 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did a build on a 2012 Deluxe last winter, checked around with all of the aftermarket stretched fenders.. Didn't really like what I saw. Also looked around on the site here, but most of the people that I tried to contact either never got back to me or wanted a good sum of money - not saying they don't deserve it because there are some AWESOME fabbers here! I just wanted to get by on a budget as best I could, so I contacted my buddy who owns a steel fab shop and in a few hours him and I both got it done. I started a thread on it here:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...er-thread.html

Here are a couple pictures of before and after:

The following users liked this post:
peg20 (11-11-2020)
Old 11-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,437 Likes on 4,752 Posts

Originally Posted by kizzletruck
I did a build on a 2012 Deluxe last winter, checked around with all of the aftermarket stretched fenders.. Didn't really like what I saw. Also looked around on the site here, but most of the people that I tried to contact either never got back to me or wanted a good sum of money - not saying they don't deserve it because there are some AWESOME fabbers here! I just wanted to get by on a budget as best I could, so I contacted my buddy who owns a steel fab shop and in a few hours him and I both got it done. I started a thread on it here:
+1...good post!

Old 11-16-2015, 03:51 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

all I can say is; WOW! And; superb!

Quick Reply: Extended Rear Fender