Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer conversion for a 2015 Softail Slim FLS

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 03:02 PM
jerryrigged123
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Springer conversion for a 2015 Softail Slim FLS

Does anyone have any info on what is involved with and the potential for converting a 2015 Softail Slim FLS from the stock telescopic front end to a springer?

Cobra short swept, minus baffles, Cobra intake, Vance and Hines FP3 tuner

Old 10-28-2015, 05:08 PM
mac1313
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I put a FXSTS front end on my Blackline. Pretty straight forward...you may have to lose your ABS, if equipped.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:08 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

good question jerryrigged123

The following users liked this post:
jerryrigged123 (10-19-2020)
Old 10-28-2015, 07:23 PM
mac1313
Tourer

Please let me know if you have specific questions. All 2008 + softail share the same frame with the exception being 240 models (rocker, breakout, etc.) that is why I referenced my Blackline.

There are two main springer front ends; FXSTS and FLSTS. But there are also differences in early fxsts, mainly how the fender mounts. Once you decide which front end you want installation instructions are listed in the service manual. Please note, you will need a new front axle, brake setup, and handlebars.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:27 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

So it is doable

Old 10-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

**** yeah it's doable splattt, so what are you waiting for! Haha

Jerry if you are after the stock factory Harley looking soringer, personally due to the front of the slim id be getting a WL replica, they are a couple inches shorter then the late model springers so it won't jack the front of your bike up. Their are a couple that sell good quality versions, but there are also cheap ones out there, like anything.

If you're after a custom looking springer, there's a huge range out there, they also weigh less, but you don't get the original classic look of a genuine/replica Harley springer, if that's what you're after. But much much cheaper, and much more to choose from. It really depends on what you're after.

Change your bars, risers (unless you change the top clamp), fender, brake caliper and most likely your wheel bearings and spacers to suit the springer axle Most springers should come with a new axle.

Mac great looking blackline, don't see many modified to that extent, nice job

Old 10-28-2015, 09:10 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryrigged123
Does anyone have any info on what is involved with and the potential for converting a 2015 Softail Slim FLS from the stock telescopic front end to a springer?

Cobra short swept, minus baffles, Cobra intake, Vance and Hines FP3 tuner
I think it would look great, of course, I'm a littl biased, as I have two Springers. I'm trying to convince my wife, that her slim needs a springer. But, she is holding firm, that the springer is too heavy for her. It's cool, I want her to have a bike she feels totally comfortable on, and she loves the slim, although, she has been eyeing the slim S, lately. Lol.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:16 PM
mac1313
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ink83
**** yeah it's doable splattt, so what are you waiting for! Haha

Jerry if you are after the stock factory Harley looking soringer, personally due to the front of the slim id be getting a WL replica, they are a couple inches shorter then the late model springers so it won't jack the front of your bike up. Their are a couple that sell good quality versions, but there are also cheap ones out there, like anything.

If you're after a custom looking springer, there's a huge range out there, they also weigh less, but you don't get the original classic look of a genuine/replica Harley springer, if that's what you're after. But much much cheaper, and much more to choose from. It really depends on what you're after.

Change your bars, risers (unless you change the top clamp), fender, brake caliper and most likely your wheel bearings and spacers to suit the springer axle Most springers should come with a new axle.

Mac great looking blackline, don't see many modified to that extent, nice job

Ink,

I like your thoughts on classic repops. I am going to run a replica i-beam springer on my pan. I appreciate the compliment especially coming from you.

http://www.wwag.com/cgi-bin/WebObjec...?page=%2140008

Old 10-28-2015, 09:22 PM
jerryrigged123
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Guys! Nice Bike Mac! Exactly the look I'm shooting for! The ABS I can live without, because I'm going for the ideal bobber look. One thing I'm concerned about is throwing of codes too. These new Harleys are so complicated. I definitely want to keep the stock height or even slam it an inch or 2 if possible. When I mentioned it to a guy at a dealership, he made it sound like it was a major deal. Here's a pic of what I would like to do:

Old 10-29-2015, 12:21 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mac1313
Ink,

I like your thoughts on classic repops. I am going to run a replica i-beam springer on my pan. I appreciate the compliment especially coming from you.

http://www.wwag.com/cgi-bin/WebObjec...?page=%2140008
Ah you're onto it. That's the exact people I had in mind for the replicas. Keen to see this Pan build of yours, sounds like a good thing

Quick Reply: Springer conversion for a 2015 Softail Slim FLS