Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need recommendations for a good solo seat for a Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 07:23 AM
13bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need recommendations for a good solo seat for a Fatboy

I'm looking for a good comfortable solo seat for my Fatboy Lo..... What have you got, and how do you like it? Pics would also be great.

Thanks

Old 05-01-2015, 09:34 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Danny gray butt crack solo.....will post pictures shortly....

Old 05-01-2015, 10:24 PM
woodreaux
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
This a vintage solo seat that I like. Good luck !!

Attached Thumbnails Need recommendations for a good solo seat for a Fatboy-image.jpg  
Old 05-02-2015, 12:26 AM
Smartarms
Intermediate

Just got my Corbin seat for my fatboy lo last week... Amazing... Expensive but amazing.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Seat selection can be very subjective. It depends on what is comfortable to you. Some folk love the Mustang Vintage Solo while others like Corbin or C&C. I am comfortable on a Le Pera Barebones all day long. Many are not.

Just remember that what ever choice you make you may need to give it some break in time to be comfortable. Also it seem to me that the more I ride the more I can tolerate almost any seat.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:18 AM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by SPARKY01
Danny gray butt crack solo.....will post pictures shortly....
Thanks sparky, I was looking at the Danny Gray butt crack seat. How does it feel after a few hours in the saddle?

Old 05-03-2015, 06:20 AM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by Smartarms

Just got my Corbin seat for my fatboy lo last week... Amazing... Expensive but amazing.
Hey, thanks for posting that pic, seat looks good! Is that the classic solo?

Old 05-03-2015, 06:22 AM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Seat selection can be very subjective. It depends on what is comfortable to you. Some folk love the Mustang Vintage Solo while others like Corbin or C&C. I am comfortable on a Le Pera Barebones all day long. Many are not.

Just remember that what ever choice you make you may need to give it some break in time to be comfortable. Also it seem to me that the more I ride the more I can tolerate almost any seat.
Yes, you are right seat comfort is subjective... Just looking at the different options out there and getting some feedback.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,440 Likes on 4,753 Posts

Check out C&C Solo in leather with stitching. The FB in my garage profile has one, ordered another for my '14 Deluxe but haven't posted photos yet.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:24 PM
slupcho
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cause or riding soreness

I'd like to offer up some information that might help anyone who suffers from riding irritation or soreness to better diagnose your exact problem and hopefully lead to a solution.
In developing Moto-Skiveez® one of the things we wanted to know was "what is the source of the irritation that is experienced by riding motorcycles?" Here’s what we found…..

If you go out and just sit on your motorcycle, at some point your butt may get sore. But if you go out and ride your motorcycle you will experience any irritation much more quickly and most likely to a greater degree....why? Simply stated, irritation is caused by the transfer of energy to your tissues. Think of it this way, Newton's first law of motion states; "an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by an external force." As you sit on your motorcycle at a stop you are at rest, as you twist the throttle the motorcycle propels forward. To get you to move with the motorcycle energy is transferred to you through your points of contact. If you are sitting on the bike, much of this energy transfer takes place in that contact area. When you brake, forces are transferred to slow you down. These forces constantly vary as we ride. Not only are there forward and rearward forces, but also side to side and even vertical forces that are exerted.

How can soreness be prevented? The simplest way would be to remove any transfer of energy. But that would prevent you from moving with the bike. Most solutions like gel seat covers, sheep skin covers, beaded seat covers, etc. act in varying degrees as an insulator to this energy transfer. They mute and/or dissipate the transfer of this energy. Moto-Skiveez® applies the same principle, to mute or insulate the transfer of energy, only in our application this occurs next to your skin. We have applied multi density foam padding to critical areas determined to be associated with a particular riding style.

A properly fitted seat is also critical. Having a good fitting saddle will transfer your weight and point of contact evenly over a larger area. This results in the energy being transferred in a more consistent manner and not focused as intensely in specific points.

If you have tried all of these options with little to no improvement, it may very well be that you have some physical condition that is unlike most. Perhaps the points at the bottom of your pelvis, (your Ischial Tuberocities) may have some abnormality. It may be that your tissues themselves may be compromised. Hard to say, but if this is you I would consult with a medical professional for a more informed opinion.

In the end, my opinion is that if you ride long enough or far enough eventually your butt is going to get sore. This varies from person to person. Everyone's anatomy, tolerance, riding style and position on a motorcycle is slightly different. I doubt there will ever be one solution that will prevent soreness for everyone. However, my hope is that knowing a little more about the specific causes, as we have determined, you may be better able to evaluate your situation and hopefully find some resolution.

I hope you find this information helpful. Best of luck and ride safely!

Quick Reply: Need recommendations for a good solo seat for a Fatboy