Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Fat Boy 07
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could always take the stock seat and get it modified with some type of pads put in it to maintain the original look, but soften it up a bit check out - http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Old 09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

I took the stock seat off of my Fatty shortly after the ride home from the dealership. I replaced it with a stock Heritage seat, with a gel insert. Any time I let a buddy take my bike for a ride, they always comment on how comfortable the seat is when they hand back the keys. I inserted the gel pad myself. Took about an hour to do it, and all it cost me was the price of the gel pad. (which I got off of eBay...) You could keep the stock seat, if you like the styling, and get a gel pad inserted in it. Could be the best of both worlds for you.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:05 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rushguy
Ok just a little review of the Fatboy Sundowner seat for 07.

1. One piece unlike the two piece stock seat.

2. Much larger profile..this sucker imo really takes away any sleekness to the look.

3. Unlike our stock seat it doesnt Say Harley Davidson on the seat.

4. It has great back support but to fully utilize it I would have to pull my handlebars back at least two inches and up two inches.

5. It hurts my ballz..probably just the way I'm built but its just to narrow up front. If I were to move the handlebars as stated above then I could sit further back but with stock position on bars I'm forced to sit on the most narrow part of the seat.

So this could be a great seat if you have stock bars and long arms or if you plan on changing or moving the bars back..I'm no expert but I've heard the term risers and such lol. Also it has a much higer profile so it to me looks like a camel..much better seat for a passenger tho but its so high my daughter couldnt even touch the passenger pegs anymore.

I'm bringing it back to the dealer and saving the money for a solo seat and fender bib..stocker will suffice for now even tho it doesn't cut it for my lower back.

Heres some pics and the last pic is stock.

Does that Sundowner have "Inflate to 60 pounds" on the side of it? IMO, the Sundowner looks like hell on the FatBoy

Old 09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
lclement
Cruiser

Got my Mustang Wide Vintage Solo w/ back rest on the fatty… yes it is much more comfortable then that stock brick they come with. I noticed I am a few inches more forward and higher then I was but I am tall and can still easily keep both fet on the ground. I don’t feel like I am to far forward but it would be nice to sink back down 1 inch, maybe after the seat breaks in a little more that will happen.

The back rest comes in handy when going fast with no wind shield, have something to brace against.

Going on a long ride (5-6 hr) this weekend if the weather is fair so that will be the real test but I am confident that this seat will be a keeper!

Just wish that is wasn’t 500.00! Must did give me 1.00 shipping and I had to pay zero tax so that helped. But for 18,000 I would think that the bike should come with a semi comfortable saddle but maybe they do that purposely.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:29 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I got a Mammoth Choppers solo seat recently and find it far more comfortable than stock. I had the stock solo on the bike for a week or two, but it was killing my back. I don't know if Mammoth Choppers makes seat for the newer fatboys, but I would guess they do, and they are not too pricey.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:42 PM
DMJFatboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am perfectly happy with my bad lander seat.

Attached Thumbnails  Fatboy Seat-024.jpg    Fatboy Seat-025.jpg