Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lets see the Apes!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015 | 05:37 AM
owensmech
Advanced

Originally Posted by JiXeR
well, after putting a good bit of miles on my 13's....yes, owensmech, 16's would be much better. I'm 6'3" and they are a bit low for me. i could use another few inches up to make my arms level. i still like them, but i will change them out in the future, i'm pretty sure. main reason i went with these though is because i didn't have to change any of the cables out.
That makes me happy I didn't go with my first instinct and try something smaller.

Old 03-31-2015 | 08:54 AM
DonCMcC
Advanced

I'm getting ready to put on the Khrome Werks 14" Bagger Apes to replace the Khrome Werks Sweeper 2+2 which are nice but just a inch or so to far back and an inch or so to low for me.

From what I've read and been told the 14s should work with stock clutch and brake but I will be adding a wiring extention which at $30 bucks isn't bad.

Old 03-31-2015 | 10:10 AM
JiXeR
Tourer

Originally Posted by DonCMcC
I'm getting ready to put on the Khrome Werks 14" Bagger Apes to replace the Khrome Werks Sweeper 2+2 which are nice but just a inch or so to far back and an inch or so to low for me.

From what I've read and been told the 14s should work with stock clutch and brake but I will be adding a wiring extention which at $30 bucks isn't bad.
well, from what i've been told (which....could be completely wrong, but i trust the source) is that there were some early '14 models of touring that got longer cables due to remaining stock. so, you are correct that the stock cables should be just fine on the 14" bars...but you 'might' find that you have one of the models that had the shorter cables. so, be prepared to replace the cables if necessary. wiring extensions are a must though.

Old 04-01-2015 | 08:21 PM
sharps45100
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DonCMcC

Hey Don, are those the narrow sweepers or the wide ones? How tall are you? I'm thinking of getting the narrow sweepers.

Old 04-01-2015 | 10:22 PM
cynjon
Advanced

I finished installing my 10" Khrome Werks 1 1/4" Bagger Bobber Apes last night. They are taller than most 10" bars I've seen. Installation was straightforward and only took me about 4 hours total...not bad for my first bar install. I extended the switch wiring but the clutch and brake cables worked after a bit of re-routing. I deleted the fairing mirrors and went with bar mount mirrors. Took it for a spin today and they feel great...my biggest issue with the stock bars was wrist angle. My hands would fall asleep on longer rides. Hopefully I'll be able to do a longer ride to test the bars this weekend but so far they feel great.

Old 04-01-2015 | 10:59 PM
Gunner B
Cruiser

KST Kustoms 10 ¾ Mayhems

Old 04-02-2015 | 07:06 AM
junglejoe
|
Road Master

Has anyone heard about the 12 inch yaffee bars with a choice of 9 or 6 inch pull back? I hope mine are the 6 inch if that's the case!

Old 04-02-2015 | 07:10 AM
DonCMcC
Advanced

Originally Posted by cynjon
I finished installing my 10" Khrome Werks 1 1/4" Bagger Bobber Apes last night. They are taller than most 10" bars I've seen. Installation was straightforward and only took me about 4 hours total...not bad for my first bar install. I extended the switch wiring but the clutch and brake cables worked after a bit of re-routing. I deleted the fairing mirrors and went with bar mount mirrors. Took it for a spin today and they feel great...my biggest issue with the stock bars was wrist angle. My hands would fall asleep on longer rides. Hopefully I'll be able to do a longer ride to test the bars this weekend but so far they feel great.

CYNJON

They look sweet. So I'm waiting on the same bars except 14" .. would you think there's enough brake / clutch cable if re-routed to use on the 14s ? I plan on extending the wires already but not sure if I need to for the clutch / brake lines ?

thanks
Don

Old 04-02-2015 | 08:58 AM
owensmech
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gunner B

KST Kustoms 10 ¾ Mayhems

I like those! Those look good man. A lot of people have similar styled bars, but I've never even seen a set that sweep outwards, then sweep down like that. They look sharp.

Old 04-02-2015 | 09:34 AM
countryboy12v
Advanced

16" kst mayhem bagger bars on 15 sgs.
Keith

Quick Reply: lets see the Apes!