Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 05:28 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

I had that same set-up you have on a 2010 SG but I had the back rest. I eventually sold the seat's and kept the back rest. After a long 300 or more mile ride I was hurting pretty bad. And of course the older I got the more it hurt.
Good luck, they are an awesome looking seat thought but the name day tripper sorta say's it all.

The following users liked this post:
Bafflingbs (10-16-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 06:58 AM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
I had that same set-up you have on a 2010 SG but I had the back rest. I eventually sold the seat's and kept the back rest. After a long 300 or more mile ride I was hurting pretty bad. And of course the older I got the more it hurt.
Good luck, they are an awesome looking seat thought but the name day tripper sorta say's it all.
Sorry to hear you didn't like it, but mine is the "wide" solo tripper. Not the day tripper. Is there a difference?

Old 10-08-2016, 08:34 AM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,289 Likes on 848 Posts

nice looking seat. Mustang seats always a top build.

Last edited by F150HD; 10-08-2016 at 08:37 AM.
Bafflingbs (10-10-2016)
Old 10-08-2016, 08:37 AM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,289 Likes on 848 Posts

Originally Posted by Bafflingbs
can you post a pic of the underside of the seat? curious how the pillion attaches to the drivers seat and also what the drivers seat pan looks like.

My HD seat the rear of the drivers pan curves upward and I can feel it in my tailbone. No clue why its built that way.

Also, you stated this moved you backwards some? looking to move back a little on an 08 Ultra (no tourpak)

Old 10-08-2016, 09:20 AM
bbissell
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 89 Posts

I just did the same set up on my SG. I really like the seat and the wife is much happier also over the stock seat. Plus it looks killer

Old 10-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Sorry to hear you didn't like it, but mine is the "wide" solo tripper. Not the day tripper. Is there a difference?
Same seat with my backrest.

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion-101_0587.jpg   Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion-101_0589.jpg  
Old 10-10-2016, 12:50 AM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by F150HD
can you post a pic of the underside of the seat? curious how the pillion attaches to the drivers seat and also what the drivers seat pan looks like.

My HD seat the rear of the drivers pan curves upward and I can feel it in my tailbone. No clue why its built that way.

Also, you stated this moved you backwards some? looking to move back a little on an 08 Ultra (no tourpak)

I hope hope you understand, that your request was a slight inconvenience, and remember to hit the "thanks" button (JK)

Metal groved lips, of the pillion, slips onto the round bolts, that hold the solo drivers seat.
This seat rises up at your tailbone too. It bothered me a little at first, but it seems to be softening a little, or I'm just getting used to it. As far as moving me back some? I really can't tell. I know, that sound a little strang, but , I haven't had to change my mirrors. I feel like my legs have a tad more stretch to them, but, I'm not sure. My arms also feel like they're more extended. But, you say that your bike is an Ultra. If your on the stock seat, you will definitely drop down and back. My stock seat was already low profile.
Your screen name is interesting. Do you have the HD special edition F150? I just bought a Lariat special appearance Screw. I fricken love that 5.0! Not the fastest, but it sounds awesome!

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Same seat with my backrest.

How do do you like the back rest? Do you ride with it on, all the time? How does it compare to not having it on? I do realize that you aren't to thrilled with it.

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 10-10-2016 at 01:20 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bafflingbs:
dynarider1821 (02-20-2017), F150HD (10-16-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 01:08 PM
bjmcconk
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Pretty Nice seat huh? I have the same set up but I also ordered the longer big. I have the black denim and was afraid of the bumpers marring up the paint. It is a tighter fit to get it on the pegs and screwed down but it seems to work well. I dont ride much with my back rest. Ive used it once and a buddy said i looked like an old man with it on the bike. It was comfortable though.

Ive rode 11 hrs on my seat straight, with normal stops for gas and food in between. Your whole body gets sore the first day but once resting the night and getting back on I could ride with this seat for days. That trip included a 11 hr day, and a 2 back to back 8 hr days.

I felt the same about the feel of the seat as well... raised at least about 1/2", legs area is narrower though but also had the option to move yourself a little further back than the stock seat. Overall i like the seat and I think its a much better option than the stock seat. Wider passenger seat provides a little more comfort but expect the "wining" to come out eventually.

The classic Diamond pattern with my denim black paint is on point!

Nice choice.

EDIT: This seat loves to retain the rain water! You will have a wet bum for an extra day if you dont have a rain cover. I havent bought one yet though.

Last edited by bjmcconk; 10-10-2016 at 01:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by bjmcconk:
Bafflingbs (10-11-2016), hardwork2 (10-12-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 11:06 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by bjmcconk
Pretty Nice seat huh? I have the same set up but I also ordered the longer big. I have the black denim and was afraid of the bumpers marring up the paint. It is a tighter fit to get it on the pegs and screwed down but it seems to work well. I dont ride much with my back rest. Ive used it once and a buddy said i looked like an old man with it on the bike. It was comfortable though.

Ive rode 11 hrs on my seat straight, with normal stops for gas and food in between. Your whole body gets sore the first day but once resting the night and getting back on I could ride with this seat for days. That trip included a 11 hr day, and a 2 back to back 8 hr days.

I felt the same about the feel of the seat as well... raised at least about 1/2", legs area is narrower though but also had the option to move yourself a little further back than the stock seat. Overall i like the seat and I think its a much better option than the stock seat. Wider passenger seat provides a little more comfort but expect the "wining" to come out eventually.

The classic Diamond pattern with my denim black paint is on point!

Nice choice.

EDIT: This seat loves to retain the rain water! You will have a wet bum for an extra day if you dont have a rain cover. I havent bought one yet though.
The more I look at your bike, the more I like it. Really starting to wish I went with the RGS now. Love the red calipers too. How do you like the T-man 577's? Did you get it dyno'd? Would you'll post your sheet, if so?

Old 10-13-2016, 11:22 PM
bjmcconk
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The more I look at your bike, the more I like it. Really starting to wish I went with the RGS now. Love the red calipers too. How do you like the T-man 577's? Did you get it dyno'd? Would you'll post your sheet, if so?
I personally Love the Tman 577s. The sound is nice and has a great rumble to it. Doesn't sound like a typical Harley at bike night. I did buy the bike with these previously installed so seat of the pants difference can't be felt for me. Here are the numbers from the dealership.

the second picture is what was totally done to the bike before purchasing. I upgraded the seat, turn signals, and stereo.

I did did hear the 577's requires heads. I do not have heads at alll.

Enjoy!! Hope you can read the numbers.

Bafflingbs (10-14-2016)

Quick Reply: Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion