Motorcycle Parts For Sale-Misc. Parts See Specific Models in Sub forums Below This is the place to post your misc. Harley Parts for sale. Please Read The Rules For Posting In the Classified Section before attempting to post here.

Fatboy custom paint set

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:24 PM
otterbob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fatboy custom paint set

Fatboy custom paint set For sale is the custom paint set i had on my previous fatboy. I bought the whole paint set off ebay from iron range customs.

I dropped the bike back in late june and screwed up the front fender some. The paint is scraped down to the metal in the front left corner. I applied some clear cote to prevent more damage and rust. The fender is also bent a little. Where the bend is is a crease in the paint.

There is a small, barely noticeable dent on the left side of the gas tank where the turn signal hit. The paint is not scratched or cracked in this area, the dent should pull right out i would say but i am not a body man. Its so hard to notice that i cant even take a picture of it to show you.

I had put a custom seat on the bike and the freaking rivets from the seat cover wore some spots into the metal. I touched the spots up with clear coat and lined the underside of the seat with heavy rubber to prevent further damage. Pissed me right off.

The paint is worn around the rear fender strut mounting holes, cant be seen with the struts on the fender though. I noticed my stock paint set did the same thing.

The paint cracked shortly after i installed the plastic insert for the rear seat mount. I took clear cote and applied it to the cracks and they didnt expand after that. Pissed me right off.

Where the front console on the tank mounts it made the paint lift up in an area. Not noticeable when the console is on.

My best guess is that the paint wasnt quite cured enough when i put it on, even though the dude said it was all ready to be installed.

When the paint set is all installed, probably the only flaw that would be noticeable is the front fender and the dent in the tank. I think if you was to buy a fender trim piece it would cover up the scrape and you could probably straighten the fender out.
I have included numerous pictures detailing all these things.

Heres the deal. I paid $1400 for the set. You cant even buy new factory tins for that kind of price.

I will take $500 o.b.o. on this set. You pay actual shipping. Pay me the $500o.b.o up front, then i will get the shipping cost with insurance and you pay me the rest. No b.s. on the shipping. You will pay actual cost.

If you pay me $600, i will include the shipping for that.

USA shipping only. Paypal, money order, or check. Items ship after all payments are made and clear. I will try to ship UPS

You are responsible for fitment. This set was on a 2005 FLSTFI Fatboy.

No returns!! You buy it, its yours!! Ive disclosed everything possible about this set and have included detailed pictures here.
P.m. me for questions.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy custom paint set-fatboy-parts-006.jpg   Fatboy custom paint set-fatboy-parts-007.jpg   Fatboy custom paint set-fatboy-parts-008.jpg   Fatboy custom paint set-fatboy-parts-009.jpg   Fatboy custom paint set-fatboy-parts-010.jpg  

Old 09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
otterbob
Tourer

More.............................................. ..

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy custom paint set-fatboy-parts-011.jpg   Fatboy custom paint set-fatboy-parts-012.jpg   Fatboy custom paint set-fatboy-parts-013.jpg   Fatboy custom paint set-fatboy-parts-014.jpg   Fatboy custom paint set-fatboy-parts-015.jpg  

Old 09-02-2008, 08:29 PM
otterbob
Tourer

pics on the bike.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy custom paint set-new-paint-001.jpg   Fatboy custom paint set-fatboy-8-13-07-006.jpg