Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Identify LED Fuel Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Heyitsespo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Identify LED Fuel Gauge

So I bought this LED Fuel Gauge off Ebay "New and out of the box". Supposed to fix '03 and older Softails "but unknown how old". I check through the numbers through Harley's site and seems it should fit my '01 Fuel Injected Fatboy. Won the auction and of course the wires are totally different. I can see that if I replace the harness it should work but I don't want to change things around in case it will work with other models. Went and bought the correct skull LED for my bike (side note the area under the gauge and in the tank was rusty from water leaking under the gasket ...painted it before reassembly, seems Harley doesnt do this from the factory). New gauge was an easy install and took 15 minutes.

Can anyone identify it? Dealer took a pic and said they would get back to me...I'm not holding my breath. Harley only lists two models installation instructions on their website and neither match this one. Seems there are many others.

Thanks for your help....

Attached Thumbnails Identify LED Fuel Gauge-photo-9-.jpg  
Old 09-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Heyitsespo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bueller? Bueller?

anyone?

Originally Posted by Heyitsespo
So I bought this LED Fuel Gauge off Ebay "New and out of the box". Supposed to fix '03 and older Softails "but unknown how old". I check through the numbers through Harley's site and seems it should fit my '01 Fuel Injected Fatboy. Won the auction and of course the wires are totally different. I can see that if I replace the harness it should work but I don't want to change things around in case it will work with other models. Went and bought the correct skull LED for my bike (side note the area under the gauge and in the tank was rusty from water leaking under the gasket ...painted it before reassembly, seems Harley doesnt do this from the factory). New gauge was an easy install and took 15 minutes.

Can anyone identify it? Dealer took a pic and said they would get back to me...I'm not holding my breath. Harley only lists two models installation instructions on their website and neither match this one. Seems there are many others.

Thanks for your help....