Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I find Wrinkle black spray paint?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 03:19 PM
youngrider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Where can I find Wrinkle black spray paint?

I was wondering if any of you guys know where I could find some wrinkle black spray paint? something that will match the motor thanks

Last edited by youngrider; 03-13-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:25 PM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get it from harley it a rattle can or home depot for $6 its called hammered lol...really rust oleum.just bought it at lowes ...2 0r 3 light coats ,dry for 24 hours

Old 03-13-2011, 03:29 PM
youngrider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks.. I will try and find the rust oleum stuff....also how well does the rust oleum hammered product match?

Last edited by youngrider; 03-13-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:44 PM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Default Rust oleum hammered

Its pretty close just not as textured ,you can get it from harley for $20 a can im not sure if its exact but i would think so for that much,what are you painting?

Old 03-13-2011, 03:59 PM
dogcop727
Road Master

Autozone has the actual wrinkle paint for 5 bucks a can. Harley is the 20 bucks like stated earlier. i like the harley paint myself and to spend 20 bucks is no big deal considering what the bike costs.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:20 PM
twofish
Road Master

I just tried Rust-oleum textured (fine textured finish) that I had lying around.
Good enough for me for now.
I’ll have to wait and mount the sissy bar and see in the sunlight how it matches up, or not.
I only sprayed the bottom part of the sissy bar along where it attaches to the struts.
See photos.
http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...N2119-copy.jpg

Last edited by twofish; 03-13-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Gringoloco13
Road Master

VHT Wrinkle Black is what I used and it is pretty close to the original stuff that was used on the motor, etc. In direct sunlight it is almost the same and you can't really see much of a difference.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:45 PM
stokes
Cruiser

I used "Rust-o-leum" black textured on my front and rear fender,battery box,speedo/tach bracket,A/C cover,coil cover and horn cover to try to match the tank console.I was happy with the results,just wish I had used a clear coat,which I may or may not do eventually.It matches close enough.Used 3 or 4 coats on each,plus a primer as well.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:46 PM
samefly
Intermediate

does anyone have pics showing the difference between wrinkle and textured? Or any pics of their spray painted engine parts/covers? Also for those that painted it yourself, did you use a high heat primer first?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:43 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by samefly
"does anyone have pics showing the difference between wrinkle and textured? Or any pics of their spray painted engine parts/covers? Also for those that painted it yourself, did you use a high heat primer first?"
Couple of pics for you to compare: first pic is HD Blk Wrinkle footpeg bracket next to Rustoleum Blk Textured brake pedal; second pic is S&S A/C done in Rustoleum Blk Gloss & Blk Textured. Not easy to see in the pics, but the Rustoleum Blk Textured yields a more "gritty" rough finish as compared to the HD "wrinkle" - somewhat close but definitely no match.

I sanded off the chrome on the A/C cover and brk pedal, hit it with a couple coats of std blk primer, then a couple coats of the Rustoleum, and lastly a coat of "matte" clear. Though not the same as the factory finish, I am satisfied with the way it all turned out - good luck on your own project.
~

Attached Thumbnails Where can I find Wrinkle black spray paint?-blk-mid-controls.jpg   Where can I find Wrinkle black spray paint?-s-and-s-blkout.jpg  

Quick Reply: Where can I find Wrinkle black spray paint?