General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hadn't Realized It's Gotten This Bad

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Hadn't Realized It's Gotten This Bad

Had a bee fly in to my sleevless shirt,stung me behand my shoulder blade.Right away it stings like fire,I pulled to the side of the road,threw my vest on the ground and tried to pull the stinger out using my mirror to see where it was.In the middle of this two full dress Harleys went by wearing full helmets and all the gear,they looked right at me,kept right on going.I was wishing they had stopped either of them.Shortly after a big ol fella and his big ol wife on a Goldwing stopped,she pulled the stinger out.Would have thought a Harley rider would have stopped seeing as how I was on my Electra Gide.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:46 AM
rockDAWG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We shall never look down on anyone regardless their preferences. Glad you are OK.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:57 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

All riders don't stop but someone always will. Why even bother telling the world that 2 HD riders past without stopping. Who cares, you got help from a "motorcycle" rider.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:00 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

That sir is the difference between a Harley owner and a Harley Rider. A Rider would have stopped. An owner just chuckles to himself because at that moment he feels he is better off than you are and he just keeps on movin cause what he is doin is important.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just the the old saying.....so many bikes and so few bikers

Old 06-29-2009, 10:06 AM
YZ Guy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just out of curiosity. How many cars passed without stopping? I doubt stopping has anything to do with vehicle of choice but more of trust or a lack there of.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 AM
cadman311
Club Member

There is a differents between biker and posers. Biker dress to ride and poser are just out to pose. If you had dress as real biker and not a poser maybe the harley rider might of stop. But then again you wouldn't of got strung by that bee. Try kevlar for your next poseing ride.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:21 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Originally Posted by cadman311
There is a differents between biker and posers. Biker dress to ride and poser are just out to pose. If you had dress as real biker and not a poser maybe the harley rider might of stop. But then again you wouldn't of got strung by that bee. Try kevlar for your next poseing ride.
I've really been trying to stay out of this kind of crap on here but I think this deserves a response.

A biker doesn't judge others by what they wear or put on their Scooters. They judge them by who they are and the only way to determine that is to meet them face to face and actually find out.

We all have fun with this "biker/poser" chit on here but truth is....The only thing a guys clothes say about him as a man is whether or not he has good fashion sense. Not what is in his heart and that's all that counts when it's all said and done.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:22 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by YZ Guy
Just out of curiosity. How many cars passed without stopping? I doubt stopping has anything to do with vehicle of choice but more of trust or a lack there of.
That is a good point,I was trying madly to get to that stinger no cars stopped either,probably figured I was some kind of weirdo.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Ironhand
Road Master

Originally Posted by cadman311

what the hell?? you part of the fashion police? what differance does it make to anyone what one wears? if you were smart you wouldnt judge people by what they wear... but then maybe your the poser...who knows and really who cares what people dress lke

Quick Reply: Hadn't Realized It's Gotten This Bad