General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 02:22 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 147 Likes on 41 Posts
Default BAD Dealers and Experiences

Lets list the dealers that have given poor customer service or have given you a bad dealing with something that you would not give a recommendation to a friend.

Include their location too...

Keep it honest and to the point...

No name calling either

Stealer dealer website ...

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-07-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Top Answer

04-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Timms Harley-Davidson
Stage I
Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

Vic,
You have posted somewhat of a similar review in our CXI forum for our dealership asking not to be contacted. Being as you've posted here, a public site, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you back into the dealership to sit and discuss your concerns if you are interested. If nothing else, at least, refund your money.
Thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Jeff Hanson, General Manager
Timms Harley-Davidson of Augusta

Old 01-15-2006, 02:26 PM
route2null0
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: BAD Dealers and Experiences

ORIGINAL: TCSTD

Lets list the dealers that have given poor customer service or have given you a bad dealing with something that you would not give a recommendation to a friend.

Include their location too...

Keep it honest and to the point...

No name calling either
Chesters Harley in Mesa, AZ

October 05 - Go in to order 06 Dyna Wide in Glacier white. In short, the sales MANAGER tells me that it would have to be 'worth their while' to get my style back with that color sooner than January. I wanted it sooner so I took my business elsewhere.
I was able to get my ride in early December from another dealer.

Jan 06 - Go to the same dealer after making an appt for my 1k service. 1 week prior i VERIFIED with the service clerk that they honored my purchased contract for services. Get up nice in early today and ride the scoot to the dealer. 8am, rougly 38 degrees. Hand over my key... lady right up ticket and tells me they DO NOT subscribe to the contract that I have for mileage service etc!!!!

So, I come home furious... shoulda stayed there and talked to the General Manager. I called this guy and said 'wow, your place really sucks and i'm gonna tell pretty much everyone about it'

He aplogized up and down and promised he would 'address' the issues. Doubt it.

The following users liked this post:
wingscustom (06-23-2021)
Old 01-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if dealers have a website where they talk about how bad SOME of the customers are? I worked at a car dealer for many years and some of those customers were just unbelivable. I have stories that would keep you in stiches for days at a time. Sometimes customers expectations are too high and they forget that the dealership is there to make a profit.

My dealers sign does not say "Church of Harley Davidson" I expect them to make some money off of me. In return, they take very good care of me.

The following 6 users liked this post by Mrkicks:
Clayjenson (06-21-2021), geezer glide 56 (12-03-2021), LMCI-Enforcer (12-29-2018), prodrag1320 (02-10-2022), samsquanch (08-31-2019), WOLFITZ (12-04-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in East Coast HD in Dumfries VA one day and a guy was in there who had just taken delivery of a Ultra that he had decked out about $28,000 with all the extras the day before and bought a new ball cap at the same time after he got home he noticed that the "O" in Davids-n was missing in the embroidery and just wanted to exchange it for another one. They told him they had a no return no exchange policy on apparell. Man he FLIPPED OUT!!!!!!!!! rightfully so of course, they threatened to call the police if he didn't leave the store.

If I was him I would have rode the Ultra through their front window and backed out of the contract. I'm not sure about everywhere, but in VA you have 3 days to back out and return a major purchase. After seeing that I was DONE with that place that was total BULLS--T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following 12 users liked this post by Thundercloud:
Aaron Maxson (05-02-2021), Badboyindc2020 (02-22-2023), Bluej777x (10-04-2020), Bobweiser (08-28-2021), Bud Steed (05-21-2021), inspecto (08-05-2022), jziesmer (01-23-2023), Lawrence Dolha (08-06-2022), M18A1 (12-21-2018), OutlawFC222 (08-02-2022), QuigliesHD2008 (01-04-2024), RAWHD (03-24-2016) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Taildraggerdave
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Van Nuys HD, Calif is where I got my 05 SE Fatboy and I will never deal with them again.........

After purchasing the bike there, my wife and I get the cold shoulder from pretty much everyone there except the Motorclothes girls. They give 10% off for the first month after purchase which is cool. I went in there at week 5 and asked for 10% off on my Sundowner seat. Parts guy said no and that I should talk to the Parts Manager. I did that and he also said no......I couldn't believe they wouldn't do some sort of "policy" deal or something. I work in heavy equipment and our field is predicated on policy warranties, deals, etc. Either way, I spent 20 minutes talking to the manager about why I would appreciate getting 10 off on this seat only and how I would probably go elsewhere to get it if they couldn't accomodate me. I know how this sounds but my opinion is that I just purchased one of their top of the line bikes, didn't get a deal on the bike, either. Just accepted the price as what it is. So what is a $25.00 discount if it means keeping the customer.

I called Glendale HD, Calif and they said come on down and they would give me 10% just because of the hassle I had at Van Nuys. Guess where me new dealership is? Glendale is great. The people treat me great and I didn't even buy the bike there.

Lastly, I had my 1K service done at Van Nuys (at week 4, BTW) and everything seemed well at the time. Until at the 5K service that I did myself, I found all the drain plugs had severely torn o-rings and gobs of pipe dope on them instead. AND, they were all finger loose. Live and learn.

QuigliesHD2008 (01-04-2024)
Old 01-15-2006, 06:26 PM
ultracp
Stage III
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Gengras Harley in Hartford, CT likes to sell their Demo bikes as brand new. When you confront them, they try to tell you that HD tests the bikes in WI and that's why you have 113 miles and the bike is dirty. Gengras owns a lot of car dearlerships and he runs his HD dearlership the same way. I think thay have one of the best parts departments but service and sales get a F-. HD should take the dealership away from him.

The following 4 users liked this post by ultracp:
Bud Steed (05-21-2021), OutlawFC222 (08-02-2022), RickMXZ (05-16-2022), skypeace (11-08-2018)
Old 01-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Axholio
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have mixed emotions about Fort Worth Harley Davidson in West Fort Worth. The store is owned by the same individual that owns Texas Harley Davidson in Bedford. My Nephew bought a 2000 DWG at Texas HD and they threw in all kinds of incentives like T-shirts, manuals, and even a small rack. I got my 03 FXD at FWHD and I didn't even get a T-shirt (I thought they gave you a shirt with every $100 you spent?). I haggled with this guy for 6 hours trying for a sissy bar or a pair of boots or whatever... Nothing. Then when I discovered that a screw was missing from the tranny cover he acted like I was a pain in the butt. He did say they would fix it, but I'm expecting to be charged for it... 4 year warranty and all. I called Texas HD and they seemed happy to talk to me, not annoyed. Attitude is everything!

*shrugs*

The following 2 users liked this post by Axholio:
wengerda (06-13-2017), wingscustom (06-23-2021)
Old 01-15-2006, 08:42 PM
bassrock
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Wausau Harley Davidson in Wausau Wi sucks. When I was looking for my new heritage I called down to them and asked if they had 2 colors I was interested in. They said yes and the next day took the 90 mile ride to see them. When I got there they didn't have them. Started to talk to a sales person and let him know I was buying a heritage in the next two weeks and what did they have and what there prices were. At that point a lady came up to him and asked him a question and without saying a word just left my girlfriend and myself standing there. Damn that pissed me off and my girlfriend was even more irate. Hate ignorant people when you are ready to spend 20000 plus on a bike.

The following 4 users liked this post by bassrock:
dave king (03-11-2021), fxstbharley2008 (10-17-2022), OutlawFC222 (08-02-2022), westay (12-21-2019)
Old 01-15-2006, 09:28 PM
zopi
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an observation..Harley likes to hear about bad service at it's dealerships..and they are very proactive with them...I believe there is contact info on the website
where you can report that sort of thing..

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...p?locale=en_US

BTW..the odometer thing..is federal fraud, I do believe...

The following 2 users liked this post by zopi:
skypeace (11-08-2018), wingscustom (06-23-2021)
Old 01-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Thomas
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gulf Coast Harley
New Port Richey FL.

A bunch of know it alls."smart donkeys"
Need I say anymore.

Milwaukee8Dave (06-06-2021)

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences