EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Was I ripped off/misled? CV carb from ebay

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010 | 08:10 PM
Mr1986FLST
|
Tourer
Default Was I ripped off/misled? CV carb from ebay

Bummer...I thought I was finally going to get my CV carb mounted and get a ride in this weekend....guess NOT.

I was trying to figure out how the throttle and idle cables hook up to the new carb ... when it wouldn't work out I just figured it was different from the ol'keihin or I ordered the wrong cables....but now I realize the guy who sold the carb didn't include the throttle cable bracket with the carb.

Now I am having problems finding the part number for the throttle cable bracket and any other hardware that is missing. Does anyone have part numbers? See my pic and let me know what you think I am missing.

The first pic is the one the guy posted on ebay. The 2nd one is a pic I took with the missing hardware. he was kind enough to omit that it was missing this crucial piece. I guess I need to learn the hard way sometimes. I feel misled...I think someone would have known and should have said something in their listing...now I know why there was only one picture.

Attached Thumbnails Was I ripped off/misled? CV carb from ebay-cv-carb.jpg   Was I ripped off/misled? CV carb from ebay-cv-carb-right-sided.jpg  
Old 06-19-2010 | 08:24 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member

Send me your address and I will send you the part you are missing.

Old 06-19-2010 | 08:33 PM
NickD
Road Master

I think this is the bracket you need . . .

These guys list it at $27.00. http://www.bikebandit.com/1999-harle...m1228sch140662

They use their own in house part numbers so I don't know the HD part number, but you should be able to take the schematic above into any HD dealer and let them figure out the number. Also looking at the entire schematic in the link above you may be able to see if you're missing anything else . . .

I have a Mikuni carb so I can't tell just by looking if that CV is all there.

(miacycles posted while I was typing, very cool, hopefully you'll be good to go . . .)

Last edited by NickD; 06-19-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-19-2010 | 08:34 PM
Jim Kraft
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks like you have both mounting screws. You just need the bracket with the idle adjustment screw and spring and you will be good to go. I would think most HD parts departments would have those, including some indy shops may have them.

Old 06-19-2010 | 08:51 PM
Mr1986FLST
|
Tourer

Wow...you guys are great! I didn't expect to get a response so fast since I've been searching all over the net and couldn't find a thing....even my JPcycles catalog only had a bracket that would fit the S&S.

Mia...your offer is much appreciated! I'll send you a message with my info....

Old 06-19-2010 | 09:07 PM
DanD
Road Captain

is it missing the rod from the linkage to the accel pump too? hard to tell from the one pic,but looks like it isn't there either,along with the rubber seal.

Old 06-19-2010 | 09:33 PM
ajayrk
Road Master

Enrichner cable and housing is also missing.

Old 06-19-2010 | 11:20 PM
Mr1986FLST
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by ajayrk
Enrichner cable and housing is also missing.
Yes, I realized that the enrichner cable and housing was missing after I bought it...I did find part numbers on that stuff, bought it and mounted it....I saw many CV carbs on ebay without the enrichner cables and housing, so i was at least prepared for that.

I think I remember seeing the rod for the pump...but I'll double check that when go the garage in the morning.

Old 06-21-2010 | 07:33 AM
hotrod351
Road Warrior

if you sign up for paypal then you would of been protected. they would of frozen the money. ive been using paypal for years now. also you can leave neg feedback for the seller but he can only leave you positive or nothing, he cant leave you neg. ive had a few disputes with sellers and got my money back. make you wonder why he didnt have a picture of the other side of the carb.

Old 06-21-2010 | 10:09 AM
NickD
Road Master

That only works if the part is not as described. If the ad stated, "Ready to Go," or "Complete CV Carb," then ok, he'd have a case. But if the ad said, "As Is" or "As Pictured" then no . . .

Quick Reply: Was I ripped off/misled? CV carb from ebay