EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Ultima 107" motor on a 90 model Bagger

Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 PM
paco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ultima 107" motor on a 90 model Bagger

Hey all,

Anyone on the forum running the Ultima El Bruto 107 engine on their bagger? If so would you give any pros or con on the preformance, starting, oil blowby, dependablity or anything relavant to the engine. I am really wanting to try one these engines but would like to get some feedback before investing in the motor. I have posted this in the touring forum also, but thought it more relevant here because the bike I want to install this motor is a 90 model electraglide ultra. I had a S&S 113 on a ridge bike, but the oil blowby was too much. Never did get it stopped.

Thanks in advance for any replies.............

I don't want to run 150 mph for long, but I want to get there as quick as possible..............
paco

Old 09-24-2007, 07:38 AM
GTC CYCLES
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultima 107" motor on a 90 model Bagger

Ihave installed several 107" Ultima engines in baggers with great results. The 107 is the perfect touring engine & iseasy starting without the compression releases, nice idle, runs cool, NO oil blowby, good mileage, does not require a monster clutch & isnot as exhaust sensitiveas the larger engines. There are no drawbacks to running the 107 & it will put aBIG smile on your face.

You will need a single fire coil, a HD clutch spring or extra plate clutch, Good slip on mufflers or 2 into 1 & an air filter adapter if you want to run a stock style air filter with the Mikuni 45. These engine are a great bang for the buck & very reliable. Good luck with your build & ride safe.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:09 PM
js124
Tourer

I'm thinking about selling a S&S 113 I have in my bagger now if you have any interest . I don't have any blow buy that you speak of .

Old 10-10-2007, 06:43 AM
paco
Tourer

GTC Cycles,

Thanks for the reply. I am in the process of changing the motors out. Just got the 80" off last night. will try toinstall the 107" tonight. When u say HD clutch, I assume you mean a heavy duty clutch spring plate? Do you have any numbers of the diapham clutch spring you use or is it easier to just put another friction plate in? I have ordered a single fire ignition, oil filter mountand an oil cooler, hopefully arriving by the end of the week. Again, thanks for any info.

js124,
thanks for the offer, but i have already recieved the 107". it shouldn't be hard to sell though.

steve

Old 10-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Storm 4 U
Banned

Original: GTC Cycles
Ihave installed several 107" Ultima engines in baggers with great results. The 107 is the perfect touring engine & iseasy starting without the compression releases, nice idle, runs cool, NO oil blowby, good mileage, does not require a monster clutch & isnot as exhaust sensitiveas the larger engines. There are no drawbacks to running the 107 & it will put aBIG smile on your face.
I was considering buyingan Ulitima 113 for an incredible price but was
skeptical due to a few reviews I have seen. How long have these motors you
installed been in service on the bikes? My concern would be getting 10K
on the engine and having to pull it down.If that happens then no great price is worth it

Old 10-11-2007, 08:20 AM
paco
Tourer

GTC Cycles,

Have you had any issues with ignition timing on these motors. On another forum i useI was cautioned about timing.

hotrodroadking wrote:
"Be extremely cautious with the breakin do it like midwest says, also be sure you setup the timing on the motor per the spec's of midwest.

They have had problems with some pistons to cyl clearance that was made worse by poor installation.

If any doubt get someone to help that knows how to setup the ignition. It should be right out of the box but you need to be sure."[/align][/align]Storm4U,[/align]Where are you finding reviews for these or any motors. I called myself searching everything and everywhere before i bought this motor. Asking on several forums about these motors. Since buying I am hearing some negative feedback.[/align][/align]Thanks[/align]

Old 10-11-2007, 09:13 AM
js124
Tourer

There has been problems with the timing issues on the ultima motors . I have seen the damage first had . It required replacement of the rear cyclinder and piston . I know Ultima ships them now with the timing set . I don't think you can even adjust it . I don't own one but have had a friend or two who have .

Old 10-11-2007, 11:33 AM
TheGoat
Tourer

I just bought the Ultima 113 and the timing came set. I did install the VOES and I have put on 500miles with no issues. This motor has a lot of power.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Storm 4 U
Banned

Paco one of the best refernces to this came from Shooter64
Maybe he will add to this thread or PM him regardingit

Old 10-11-2007, 02:36 PM
js124
Tourer

I'm not saying anything is wrong with it . Put it in and run it . You have a waranty to cover you . I think they took care of the problem now . Just don't try to tamper with the factory timing .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ultima 107" motor on a 90 model Bagger