Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDF Fat Bob Custom Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 01:04 AM
zoerbo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
can always do a unique coating on your stock wheels bud... both of the below bikes are ones we have done for forum members... if i can help at all please let me know!

gloss black with polished lip

here is another set we did in flat black and shaved the spaces in the mag

Joe..how much do you guys charge for a pair of these to get done? Do you do the rotors also and how much would they be? Seriously thinking about sending you mine this winter.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:46 AM
ozymax
6th Gear

HD Stingers

Attached Thumbnails FXDF Fat Bob Custom Wheels?-stinger-rear.jpg   FXDF Fat Bob Custom Wheels?-stinger-front.jpg   FXDF Fat Bob Custom Wheels?-stingers.jpg  
Old 09-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Zelrick
Cruiser

I'm interested to Joe, I'm planning on having my wheels coated and I need to know whether you can pull and replace the bearings. Also I would like to have mine coated either gloss black with simple clear on the edges or chrome powder on the whole wheel.

Thoughts?

Old 09-14-2012, 09:17 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

we have a full tire machine in shop... as well as we pull and can install bearings... def a one stop shop for our customers... Yes sir we also coat the rotors... if you have any questions at all or want any price quotes please PM me i am more than happy to help out

Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Shizims
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is another set we did in flat black and shaved the spaces in the mag

These are BA. I which I would have seen this before I got my Fat Bob wheels coated. I would have sent them to you.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:27 PM
sfetty
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weigh all of your options before commtting. The hidden costs sometimes drive the price up on a project.

True coating your wheels is an affordable option on the surface. But add in packaging, $160 -$180 in shipping to get those wheels to and from their destination, bearing changes, tire changes, etc, etc. and before you know it you have almost as much invested in a new set of wheels.

If you purchase a new Harley wheel (or aftermarket) you will get a flawless set of wheels....guaranteed (or your money back or exchange). No excuses that your old wheels had imperfections that compromised the finish. You can then sell your wheels and rotors and reduce the total investment.

You will also make a more dramatic difference in your bike by changing wheels to something other than stock. Initially you will think the improved stock rims are all you need, but a year from now you may not appreciate the change or you may be bored with it because you think it still looks similar to other stock bikes.

Don't settle for less, and research thouroghly anyone that you are considering doing work for you!

Old 09-14-2012, 05:57 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Speaking of which,my wheels and rotors will be up for sale as soon as get home.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Zelrick
Cruiser

Sfetty,

You are mostly right, however if those of us that have a FXDF want to stay with stock wheel sizes and dual rotors our options are very limited. Also if you've never owned powder coated wheels you'll never understand how nice it is to simply wipe or spray the wheels off and be done with cleaning. I coated the raw aluminum wheels on my truck about 6 years ago and have not had to do a hard core cleaning since, just spray down and wipe dry. For me that's worth the expense.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Mutant Racer
Road Master

we have a full tire machine in shop... as well as we pull and can install bearings... def a one stop shop for our customers... Yes sir we also coat the rotors... if you have any questions at all or want any price quotes please PM me i am more than happy to help out
Would love to get my Fat Bob wheels and rotors done! You're a quick ride from me too, I live in Melrose Park. I'll contact you for a quote soon.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:28 PM
FatBobJob
Advanced

I will be looking for new wheels in the near future and really like the low rider mags... I know I will have to find the axle adapter spacers from 3/4 to 25mm. And I would like to stay with dual disc fronts any ideas on how to mount the second disc... Any objections or reasons why this wouldn't work?

Quick Reply: FXDF Fat Bob Custom Wheels?