Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Dyna Wide Glide Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Chris Creole
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

V&H Big Shots Staggard

Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 AM
billjoat
Cruiser

has a nice "muscle car" sound to the exhaust. It's still loud and sounds like a Harley, but without the annoying "edge" that stock V&H pipes can have with the cheese grater baffles and, to a certain extent, even the Quiet Baffles. It's very easy to live with and doesn't leave me with ringing ears the way the stock V&H pipes did after a couple hours in the saddle when they were first installed.

First off...nice bike!! I listened to the sound bite and agree that it does have a muscle car sound. It is loud and sounds like a harley. Sounds, to me, just like mine did when I first installed the quiet baffles on my pipes after first having the cheese grater ones. I since had taken the fiberglass off of the baffle and am still convinced that "my" perfect set-up is somewhere between the cheese grater and un-glassed quiet baffle. I'll probably open up the end on the quiet baffle until I get the right amount of rattle for me. But by also having a quiet BMW, I suspect you'll always have some sort of restrictive baffle to muffle the true sound of a harley.

Once again...nice bike!!

Old 10-20-2011, 07:37 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So Tandem you went with the big shots and 2 sets of baffles. 1 being the quiet core baffle adn the other being the hard krome. Right now i am running the stock baffles and sure after a 2 hrs or so of riding with my 1/2 helmet i get off go in the house and my ears are ringing. What you did is take the edge off? Its a little quieter than the quiet core baffles. WHen i put the quiet core baffles in i though it wasent quieter but just a tad deeper which i guess brings down the db's 2 points. Since having my pipes on i have messed with my baffles about 10 times. What sucks is we have to pull the full heat shields off to get to the baffles. I have tried stock, quiet core, and BCT quiet baffles. To me stock sounded the best but jsut a tad loud for my old *** ears i guess. I may look into the hard krome baffles with my stock baffles.

Last edited by pontiac69; 10-20-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac69
So Tandem you went with the big shots and 2 sets of baffles.
... and replaced the V&H Quiet Baffle wrap by hand-wrapping the pipes with 10 ounce fiberglass cloth (same inexpensive stuff you use to repair fiberglass boats, Corvettes, etc.).

Old 10-21-2011, 08:55 PM
bodean1968
Intermediate
Default baffels

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
Hello all, new member and recent purchaser of a 2011 Wide Glide. I dont actually pick the bike up for a while from the dealer, but I know already that the stock exhaust has to go.

I was wondering for those who have already modified thier exhaust, what are your opinions on what is best out there?

I do not like the 2-n-1 look, I would prefer to go with two separate pipes, but its not a deal breaker if I dont. I like the looks of the Vance and Hines ShortShots, but from what I am reading they are incredibley loud.

I want the unmistakable sound a rumble of a Harley, but I dont want to be deafened by my own pipes and have an uncomfortable ride.

All suggestions welcomed! Thanks!
Drill out the 3 rivets on the end of each muffler & take the barrels out. I just done this to my 2012 fxdwg, sounds good & runs great & I think it gets better mileage. Only took about 30 min. to do this. Im still going with the v&h bigradius pipes! " I like it loud"
Good luck!

Old 10-21-2011, 08:58 PM
bodean1968
Intermediate
Default baffels

Originally Posted by bodean1968
Drill out the 3 rivets on the end of each muffler & take the barrels out. I just done this to my 2012 fxdwg, sounds good & runs great & I think it gets better mileage. Only took about 30 min. to do this. Im still going with the v&h bigradius pipes! " I like it loud"
Good luck!
Take out the " baffels " not barrels! Damm phone!!!!

Old 10-22-2011, 07:26 AM
retxpres
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ceramic Coated Stock Pipe, Gutted and Replaced baffles with BCT...

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Dyna Wide Glide Exhaust-2011-wg-002.jpg   2011 Dyna Wide Glide Exhaust-2011-wg-001.jpg  
Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 AM
HD-4-ever
Cruiser

I went with the V&H slashdowns, good sound to them..

Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 AM
twerkman2
Cruiser

I did a big radious 2-2 vance fuel managment and did the drak air cleaner it can breathe.
I just like the way these pipes pound the ground.
my bro has v & h straight shots they do not rumble like mine do.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:39 PM
jsc485s
Intermediate

Tan...recently bought the 2012 WG in black like yours...You have done an amazing JOB BTW! I'm starting the mods as well and just wanted to make sure your new head lamp is the HD model. Is that right?

Quick Reply: 2011 Dyna Wide Glide Exhaust