Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superglide handlebars with more pull back?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 AM
mcwarren
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dondee
Zero cable issues mcwarren, zero mods required. A very simple 10 minute job. Rivco even includes detailed instructions so even a klutz like me had no problem. I had my son hold the bars while I swapped out the risers but that was more about father-son bonding than necessity. Easy enough just to put a blanket on the tank and lay 'em on it.

I couldn't recommend them enough. Plus, they look like they were always on the bike. They kinda disappear from sight if you don't know they're there.
dondee, thank you for the info...I just ordered a set of the Rivco risers.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 AM
dondee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcwarren
dondee, thank you for the info...I just ordered a set of the Rivco risers.
You're quite welcome. When I find a product that works well or solves a problem I like to spread the word.

I have to admit when I ordered them I thought the price was kinda steep. When they came in and I saw them and saw how well they worked my opinion quickly changed. These things weigh about a pound each and the chrome is about an inch thick. They even put a dab of anti-sieze in the threads for you!

I swear I'd buy a pair just to have laying around to look at even if I didn't own a bike...

Yeah, I know I ain't right.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Gruvola
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugger
The Rivco Pullback Risers will not work on the FXD 2006 and up. The Speedo mount top clamp has a lip that gets in the way. I tried them, took photos, talked to Rivco, they agreed, took them back with a full refund. This product will only fit the 2005 and older FXD.
Agreed, I failed terribly on my '06 FXDi. I screwed them up and had to eat $125. If you look closely at the '05, the hockey puck speedo just has a metal bracket but they added a plastic cover over the cables for '06. If you wanted to pull the cover off and shear off the mounting posts for the cover, it would work. I wasn't willing to go that way. Tried to shave off the risers instead . . . now I'm looking for new bars

Old 06-04-2012, 07:04 PM
dynagliding
Tourer

Dito on the wild one 560's

Attached Thumbnails Superglide handlebars with more pull back?-img_2868.jpg  
Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 PM
11bDad
Road Captain

I've had the Rivco risers on for about a year now & couldn't be happier. I agree, they are extremely well made. An added bonus to them is that when I put my sissy bar and a piece of luggage on, I have a nice backrest for those long trips. Plus they look good.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:41 PM
jojo2dog
Road Captain

2008 fxd had apes on it when i bought it, gave me shoulder pain and back pain I put a set of roadglide black bars on it, dimpled ones think they were stock but not sure they were only 89.00 from harley they work fine for me.but they tell me if you want more pullback you can go to the heritage bars and it will give you two more inches of pullback and a little higher hand hold.I have a mustang seat with a backrest if i put a lower seat on the bike then the heritage bars would be a better fit for me because of the different hand position. have fun, so far 4 seats and 4 different handlebars.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:23 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Have you tried simply adjusting the bars closer to her?

Old 06-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Gruvola
Stage II
Default Rivco riser problem on 2006 FXDi - added a pic

Hi Folks, Just letting you know if your hockey puck speedo looks like this on the back like by 2006 FXDi, the rivco risers will not work (see the cable cover on the bottom?). I don't know what years/models Dyna are a problem but they don't fit my bike and because I was too smart for my own good and tried to make them fit, I had to eat the cost.

Attached Thumbnails Superglide handlebars with more pull back?-riv-2.jpg  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Scott70454
5th Gear
Default Speedo

Originally Posted by BM05FLHT
Wife's stock Superglide bars are to far forward for her. In looking at the stock bars they are about 8.25" pull back. The only thing I see in the catalogs are beach bars with more pull back like she is wanting (around 11"-12"). Anyone have pictures?

**we put on pull back risers and they almost work (not enough pull back), the big issue with them is they change the angle of the speedometer to stand straight up **

Any thoughts/ comments appreciated, trying to avoid buying multiple sets of bars and get it right the 1st time..............

I had HD install the Extreme Pullback Bars & Risers too. I have the same problem with my speedo being at an ODD angle now too. Any suggestions for the SPeedo, or know of a speedo I can buy for my '07 SuperGlide that will fix this issue?

Thanks in Advance,

Scott

Old 03-18-2015, 12:31 PM
damager1
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Not to resurrect an old thread, but did anyone that chimed in on this thread end up getting the Flanders I5 or J5? I'm looking to go that route, as this whole riser-not-fitting-with-the-speedo issue has me a little wary of trying that avenue.

Not to mention, this will give me the opportunity to maybe black out the handlebars at the same time.

Last edited by damager1; 04-24-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Superglide handlebars with more pull back?