Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 09:29 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by BobberG
What's your take (anyone with experience) on going like 2" over on the front end with 13" shocks in the rear? I don't know if it's in my head but with 13" in the rear and a stock front end I feel some more instability at 70+ mph.

What are the pros/cons of going taller up front (aside from obvious ground clearance bonus)? And how tall should I go given 13" in the rear?
there really is a sweet spot for dynas. It is hard to have something that has great geometry for curvy roads with ground clearance and easy lean in angles and high speed stability.

I personally think the frame needs to be parallel or slightly lower in the back in relation to the ground. So if you raise up the back for more ground clearance or a more upright feel then you are running the risk of high speed instabilaty.

I/we/me ride a lot of miles on the highway side by side at high speed, so i choose stabilty. It is true that your bike can handle great with a raised up back and be perfectly fine at speed but the likely hood of instablity increases.

i would never raise the front end by longer tubes if stabilty is what you are after. You can stiffen up the preload pretty easy now with aftermarket preload adjusters.

Think bikes that are made to go fast in a straight line versus bikes that are made to handle curvy roads.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:16 PM
BobberG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I did, yes, but my rears are under 13. Also, sag only helps to a point where handling starts to suffer. Your weight factors in too. If you have preload adjusters it's an easy thing to test. If you don't, It's a pita.
Originally Posted by hell hound
i would never raise the front end by longer tubes if stability is what you are after. You can stiffen up the preload pretty easy now with aftermarket preload adjusters.

I see, I see. Well I've had my eyes on the Speed Merchant preload adjusters for a while and I'm about to pull apart my front end for powder...so I guess there's my solution. I'm guessing I can get the height I need with the adjusters and sliding the tubes down as much as possible. I don't want the geometry quite back to stock, so this might be perfect.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:44 PM
achiefsfan
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know how much I have enjoyed looking at your bikes in this thread. I have a '14 street bob that has benefited greatly from the influence of your bikes. I took the winter months here in north Alabama and visited this thread often. I bought the parts as I could find them and afford them.. and this is my bike.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:56 PM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by achiefsfan
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know how much I have enjoyed looking at your bikes in this thread. I have a '14 street bob that has benefited greatly from the influence of your bikes. I took the winter months here in north Alabama and visited this thread often. I bought the parts as I could find them and afford them.. and this is my bike.

Looks good! Whats the part number for your Bassani?

Old 04-14-2015, 07:09 PM
achiefsfan
Novice

Thank you Adam! I don't know the part number.. i got it lightly used off of eBay. I ordered the black tip separate.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:30 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamM
Looks good! Whats the part number for your Bassani?
I think it's this one, Adamn.

http://www.bassani.com/part/13122J

Old 04-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 743 Likes on 511 Posts

...[/IMG]
Dude, you did a fantastic job on that, the fairing looks killer in that black

Old 04-14-2015, 08:12 PM
achiefsfan
Novice

Thanks Suede Man! As much as I would love to take credit for being the innovator of the style.. the folks in this thread inspired the look. But I thank you for the compliment! I dig it. I like the looks of your scoot also! Many nice bikes on here. This thread is like the Sears and Roebucks Wish Book granny used to get.. the pages would be worn out long before Christmas. lol

Old 04-14-2015, 08:49 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,044 Likes on 660 Posts

Squid I am surprised with all the other stuff you have put on your bike that you haven't gone into that motor yet?

Old 04-14-2015, 09:28 PM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Nice work Brother! Beautiful bike.
What wheels are those?

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's