Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seafoam motor treatment

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:24 PM
shrini23
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Seafoam motor treatment

Hey guys just a general info that I'm looking here.
I checked this webpage seafoam where in they offer some motor treatment which apparently makes engine runs smoother/cleaner.

Has anybody in this forum used one on their bike.

Is it really worth what they are saying?
I dont wanna use and then screw up my ride.

Looking for some first hand experince on this
Pls weigh in your suggestions

Old 10-12-2009, 09:18 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I know people who use it on their car engines and it does help. I have seen them pour it directly into the cumbustion chamber and it eats the built up carbon off the piston. Of course the first time you start it after that there is billows of smoke.

I'd contact the mfg and ask them about motorcycle safe versions

Old 10-12-2009, 09:20 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Never used it in my bike but used it this past week in my son's dirtbike. Made it run much better in no time but still not perfect. So, I broke the carb down and soaked the jets in the Sea Foam and cleaned the rest of the carb out with it. Now runs even better still. Still needs some work but I don't think any of the issues are carb related anymore.

Just follow the mix instructions and you should be fine. There is way more than enough in a can than is needed to treat a tank of gas in a bike.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:22 PM
bigVtwin88
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What year is ur bike and how many miles? That stuff is basically for cleaning carbon out of the top end of the motor if used as a fuel additive. If you're riding a newer bike with fairly low miles and you're running high octane fuel in it like you should I wouldn't waste my money on it. On the other hand, if you make sure to use the recommended mix ratio I don't see why it would hurt. I think if you search the forums there's a thread or two on seafoam.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:48 PM
shrini23
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bigVtwin88
What year is ur bike and how many miles? That stuff is basically for cleaning carbon out of the top end of the motor if used as a fuel additive. If you're riding a newer bike with fairly low miles and you're running high octane fuel in it like you should I wouldn't waste my money on it. On the other hand, if you make sure to use the recommended mix ratio I don't see why it would hurt. I think if you search the forums there's a thread or two on seafoam.
2009 FXDC
4000+ miles on it.
Always been using 91+ rated

Old 10-12-2009, 10:29 PM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shrini23
2009 FXDC
4000+ miles on it.
Always been using 91+ rated
This stuff won't do anything for your bike. You should not have any carbon build up at those miles and using good fuel.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:38 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use it from time to time. it works great for cleaning a carb thats been on a bike a while. I used to use it more often on my FI 04 throttle body.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:47 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I've used Seafoam for quite a while in ALL my gasoline engine vehicles.
When I bought my bike NEW, WITH ALL OF 10 MILES ON IT, here is what a piston looked like.
And I say again 10 miles.....

What does the carbon build-up at TEN MILES look like on the heads???.....

And, if you have any oil blowbuy, or oil getting thru the valve guides, your engine is gonna carbon-up just a little after a few thousand miles. That is great for a little extra compression.....but bad for air flow and flame propogation.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:02 AM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just used a bunch of this stuff on a buddy's VTX and it worked impressively well. The main issue with his bike though was that it had been left with the same tank of gas in it for the past 5 years... (he just got it off of craigslist). But, I doubt there was much carbon build up on this particular machine as it only had 1500 miles on it or so.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:45 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I use it in every bike i have 4x's a year. i use it in the crank case, through the throttle body, and in the gas on truck, weed eater gets it, lawn mower gets it, even the snowmobiles and jet skis get it... I have a case at the house now.... great stuff!

Quick Reply: Seafoam motor treatment