Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Lift Blocks - Whoa!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 AM
gibbyflhx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on a J&S, I have had my bike on the lift all winter with no straps and no special blocks. I can hang off the front end without it moving

Old 02-02-2010, 08:08 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never understood guys who trust their $18,000 bike to a cheap motorcycle lift. I bought a Pitbull Lift for dynas and I can use it for my low rider or my road king. To each his own I guess...

Last edited by HarleypsychRN; 02-02-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by t_b0ne3
I have the Craftsman yellow all aluminum lift with removable 2" lifts,I ussually take the rear out and leave the front in? I still strap it down but don't have to bother with building anything else?
Interesting. You're not sure what you're doing? Do you lift your bike with your eyes closed?

Old 02-03-2010, 02:38 AM
t_b0ne3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Interesting. You're not sure what you're doing? Do you lift your bike with your eyes closed?
I'm furly sure what I'm doin' and I could do it with my eyes closed with it strapped down and a block out! LOL Good catch and poke though!!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Glad you found the humor in it. Not a lot of people do.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:38 AM
96 WG
Advanced

Originally Posted by jaysonL
I used the red craftsman jack without the lift blocks, and it works fine. I just strap it down and I have zero problems.
+1 on that ,Never a problem with mine either.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:57 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I've done that BUT because of how the oil pan is situated and the frame up front, the bike does not sit level. Yes, if you strap it down the bike can't go anywhere. You also have to remember the bike is sitting on the oil pan when it's on the lift. Probably not a good idea.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Dyna88
Intermediate

Harbor freight move pads

Old 02-03-2010, 11:33 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff W
hell, Fabricate some blocks, How hard can that be? and then set the bike up on the blocks, measure between the blocks side to side and fasten them together with flat stock to keep them from flipping over sideways..what im seeing in that pictures seems to be a very simple fix, From what i can see anyhow. Just looks like the blocks needed to have a wider bottom on them for a bigger foot print on the stand, so that they couldnt flip over on thier sides.
Alright Jeff W, you being a relative newb (a "Prospect" still no less) apparently have no appreciation for the emotional investment some of our brothers on the Dyna forum have in this whole sears-jack-dyna-blocks-being-total-'pos' thing ... and you too, Dyna88 ... think that kind of 'innovation' will stand around here ...??? think again ... really ...!

R/
'Chop

Old 02-03-2010, 12:22 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have no problems at all with the sears red jack and blocks. I put a 10 lb weight under the stand to upright the bike. Slide jack under. install blocks on exhaust side. Over to other side, lift the bike level with hand, install blocks on frame and make sure they are level with bottom of jack. Then I lift. Easy as can be. Now when my bike was lower(11" rear shocks), I had to ride the rear tire up on a 10lb. weight to raise the rear to get the jack with blocks under it. Again easy and works fine. Then for final measure strap down. some 2x4s would work just as easy, but, I bought the blocks a couple of years ago. It's gotta be operator error in why so many are having such a hard time with this. I can see that if the blocks are not level to the jack before lifting problems could occur.

Quick Reply: Dyna Lift Blocks - Whoa!