Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Bar: Pics, Specs and Opinions post em here

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:43 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by lhcstreetbob
sure man here ya go

yikes!

Old 09-22-2009, 03:06 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Baeseman, we're all guilty of wanting to post our rides any chance we get, but he literally JUST said he was interested in tall t's, not pullback drags. lol

If you want narrow t's, I'd go with a set that are 1" throughout and stay away from all the silly super-fat-burly whatever bars that are all over the place. This way, you can trim the ends to fit your own liking without worry about running out of grip area. I like to trim them down to where the brake/clutch lever perch starts about an inch away from the riser/handlebar joint. Makes for a real clean, narrow look.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:55 PM
bucket13
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
I like the narrow width of the nighttrain bars(26.8"). hence why their on my bike. Instead of getting the t-bars you may just want to accept getting some tall risers and narrow night train bars. One advantage to the bars and risers is the ability to adjust the angle of the grip to an ideal location.
Rounder,

i have considered going this route, in fact, I ran the nighttrain bars on my 02 lowrider and they were nice and tight. I haven't ruled them out, but I'd like to run something different this time around.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 PM
bucket13
Road Master

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
Baeseman, we're all guilty of wanting to post our rides any chance we get, but he literally JUST said he was interested in tall t's, not pullback drags. lol

If you want narrow t's, I'd go with a set that are 1" throughout and stay away from all the silly super-fat-burly whatever bars that are all over the place. This way, you can trim the ends to fit your own liking without worry about running out of grip area. I like to trim them down to where the brake/clutch lever perch starts about an inch away from the riser/handlebar joint. Makes for a real clean, narrow look.
I hear you about the 1" bars, you can cut 'em nice and close...if I don't do the Tbars I am think of running Attack bars or the Window bars from Biltwell.

Attached Thumbnails T-Bar: Pics, Specs and Opinions post em here-window-bars.biltwell.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 09:18 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both good choices and will surely set your bike apart some in a sea of kuryakyn crap and Willie G. skulls..lol (I personally prefer the attack bars, they look Meaner!) I also like the night train setup, it's nice and clean looking. There's a dude on Houston Craigslist right now that wants $50 for an '05 night train bar/riser setup. (chrome, looks like 6") I considered taking them off his hands, but figured I'd just save my money for when I order a custom set.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:10 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's another set of westcoast t-bars...14in vbar style, vbar is turned down for real straight wrist riding (hands aren't bent out from too much pullback) & they're about level with my shoulders so my hands don't fall asleep! Great fu**in bars! Here's a couple pics.

Attached Thumbnails T-Bar: Pics, Specs and Opinions post em here-bike-017.jpg   T-Bar: Pics, Specs and Opinions post em here-dscn0120.jpg   T-Bar: Pics, Specs and Opinions post em here-img_3447.jpg   T-Bar: Pics, Specs and Opinions post em here-dscn0121.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 10:40 PM
bucket13
Road Master

Chad and LHCstreetbob,
I am a huge fan of both of your bikes. I love the look of the west coast bars, but I have to see if they can make me a narrower set. They only offer them in a 35" width on their website.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 PM
chad peterson
Road Master

They'll make you what ever you need...mine are no where near that wide, I can't remember but something like 28-30 sounds rings a bell. This is my 6th set of bars on this bike & I can honestly say I'm done expiramenting, LOL! Give them a call if this is the kind of style you're looking for, they'll make it work for ya.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:19 PM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain

thanks for the props, i just measured my bars from grip end to grip end its a little over 29 inchs hope this helps man.........

Old 09-23-2009, 07:40 AM
bucket13
Road Master

Thanks fellas, this has helped alot. I couldn't find a # for West Coast but I sent them an email lastnight - hopefully I will hear back from them. did you order yours raw or powder coated? I am thinking of ordering mine raw and then having powder coated black with the rest of the front end for a consistent finish.
Thanks for the pics, I saved them for a little inspiration when work starts to get to me.

Quick Reply: T-Bar: Pics, Specs and Opinions post em here