Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swing Arm Bag

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:08 PM
columbia whaler
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Swing Arm Bag

I am getting ready for a 6 day ride and wanted a little extra room for a quart of oil and some additional tools, rags, etc so I purchased a relatively inexpensive tool bag from the local leather shop and installed it on my swing arm. The lower belt guard was removed then I wrapped the swing arm with some industrial grade electrical tape and attached the bag using 4 heavy duty zip ties and two nylon straps. The belt guard was the reinstalled. It is very secure and I think it looks great. What do you think?

Attached Thumbnails Swing Arm Bag-swing-arm-bag_1.jpg   Swing Arm Bag-swing-arm-bag_2.jpg   Swing Arm Bag-swing-arm-bag_3.jpg   Swing Arm Bag-harley-packed-for-rally-trip_2.jpg  
Old 06-07-2009, 08:38 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned

Looks nice, enjoy your ride.............

Old 06-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Slayer dude
Road Captain

Hey just wondering where your going that you need that much stuff? I'm not making fun just asking. Are you tenting it? And I know sometimes its nice to have it than need it, but that looks like alot of gear. This is how I roll every year for a five day trip. Never NEEDED anything more. But the bag you mounted does look good.

Attached Thumbnails Swing Arm Bag-random-motorcycle-pictures-31-.jpg  
Old 06-07-2009, 09:54 PM
columbia whaler
Advanced

Slayer Dude,
I entered into a "how much crap can you pack on a Dyna" contest. I think I'm going to do pretty well... LOL

My Dad and I are going to the Hells Canyon Rally in Baker City, Oregon for a few days and then will be riding / camping to destinations TBD for a few more days. We will be camping so we are packing tents, bed rolls, sleeping bags, etc. Also the weather in Oregon this time of year is unpredictable so that mean everything from shorts to parkas and rain gear. It's a lot of "bulk" but it's all fairly light weight so no worries.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slayer dude
Hey just wondering where your going that you need that much stuff? I'm not making fun just asking. Are you tenting it? And I know sometimes its nice to have it than need it, but that looks like alot of gear. This is how I roll every year for a five day trip. Never NEEDED anything more. But the bag you mounted does look good.
Yea thats what they invented Walmart for lol..

Old 06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not trying to single you out. I see alot of guys who pack up like this lately, how come none of you guys buy saddle bags? Wouldnt it be easier?

That little bag is pretty cool though!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:41 PM
jcopel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great thread! My first 2 immediate questions were asked and answered in #3 and #4. Great packing job, man - I hope you have a great trip.
I like the little tool bag right there. It looks good.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:18 AM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master

Hey check out this link. You may want to add this too. Mod was done by timberwolfz28. An inexpensive way to add to good looking useful storage. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/5102869-post1273.html

Old 06-08-2009, 01:02 AM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Do you think the swingarm bag would be in danger of contacting the belt if the guard weren't installed?

Old 06-08-2009, 05:44 AM
sibur
Tourer

I like it, I was looking for a HD leather toolbox but I think a small digital camera case would work fine for cell phone, sun glasses, etc

Quick Reply: Swing Arm Bag