Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Triple tree pinch bolts - Any other replacement bolts to use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:29 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Triple tree pinch bolts - Any other replacement bolts to use?

Hey guys,

Dealer says you have to special order these bolts with them. I have two that are stripped. I think these bolts are POS to be honest.. but anywho, are there bolts that I can replace these pinch bolts with? Any negative effects with doing so?

Old 03-14-2009, 04:45 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Hey guys,

Dealer says you have to special order these bolts with them. I have two that are stripped. I think these bolts are POS to be honest.. but anywho, are there bolts that I can replace these pinch bolts with? Any negative effects with doing so?
You are so right about that Adrian, I think ALL the ffing torx head fasteners are s**t and I changed all mine to standard allen heads. As long as you use a grade 8 fastener you'll be fine. I have a friend who is a sales rep for Fastenall and he hooked me up. The triple treee bolts are 3/8-16 X 1.5". Monday I will get the allens for my hand controls and I will have 99% of the torx on my bob replaced.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:51 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

You are so right about that Adrian, I think ALL the ffing torx head fasteners are s**t and I changed all mine to standard allen heads. As long as you use a grade 8 fastener you'll be fine. I have a friend who is a sales rep for Fastenall and he hooked me up. The triple treee bolts are 3/8-16 X 1.5". Monday I will get the allens for my hand controls and I will have 99% of the torx on my bob replaced.
Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Good lookin' out man. I'll write down those measurements right now, so I can go to home depot and get this over with. Its been bothering me for a bit now. lol. Thanks man.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:59 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure you're going to find what you need at Home Depot. Remember to use blue loctite and torque to spec.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:55 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

That's good info. I can't stand those dang torx screws. Besides, why do I HAVE to carry torx bits AND allen wrenches??!!??!! Maybe we can start a torx replacement thread with sizes and such, similar to the part numbers thread.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:29 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

That's good info. I can't stand those dang torx screws. Besides, why do I HAVE to carry torx bits AND allen wrenches??!!??!! Maybe we can start a torx replacement thread with sizes and such, similar to the part numbers thread.
That wouldn't be a bad idea.

AND SC-LONGHAIR?!! Are those thunderheaders I see on your ride!!!!!!! Hahaha, I guess you couldn't stand looking at them to much longer, eh? LOL goon onya man. I personally don't understand how you even went as long as you did without installing them. How do ya like them?

Old 03-14-2009, 07:36 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
That wouldn't be a bad idea.

AND SC-LONGHAIR?!! Are those thunderheaders I see on your ride!!!!!!! Hahaha, I guess you couldn't stand looking at them to much longer, eh? LOL goon onya man. I personally don't understand how you even went as long as you did without installing them. How do ya like them?
Yes sir. Did it late wed. night and thursday morning. Let me tell ya my test ride was awesome. I rode up about 1.5miles then turned around and really got on it, and the wheel left the ground just a bit. I didn't expect it at all. You know I was waiting because I wanted to do cams and pipes at once but I had a horrible wed. and needed something to keep me from blowing my top. Pipe install worked.

Well, the sound seems a bit tinny but a few have mentioned to give the pipe a few rides to sort of break-in. I do like the new 'seat of my pants' power the bike has.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 03-19-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:11 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lowe's has a MUCH better selection of fasteners including Grade 8 fasteners. Also, Bolt Depot (http://www.boltdepot.com/) has any fastener you want. You just need to know the size.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:14 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Yeaaaaaaah buddy!! Just put these bolts on. WAY better and much easier. I'm a happy camper now. AND!! To make things even better...... THE BOLTS CAME IN BLACK. How awesome is that. Hells yeah!