Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultracool oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 10:17 AM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Pulled my off. Discovered gasket was blocking passage - they're saying they have redesign it since I got mine and it doesn't do it anymore. I was doing cams, and changed Amsoil to Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum.
between that engine temp dropped 320 to 280, engine oil - 280 to 180(!)
still more riding to do to confirm. but ultracool might be for sale soon

Old 02-06-2017, 01:40 PM
DMetcalf
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Have you looked at the oilbud web site and considered using one of them ..? Lots of great oil coolers out on the market today. I chose the oilbud for my ride. Great product and when I called to inquire I was very impressed to find out I was talking to Bud Clark, the inventor himself..!

Old 03-12-2017, 03:49 PM
SG103
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dpoll995
Anyone here use an ultracool oil cooler? I just installed one today, it turned out great in conjunction with filter relocation and flo filter. Still waiting for my battery cables and shorter shift linkage so it will be a few days before I get to test everything out. But I think it's gonna really help out a lot this summer.

Any update ? Just got my cooler in the mail, Any problems with oil leaking from around the adapter ? Read that was a big issue in the past, Was thinking of using a little bit of gasket maker to ensure a good seal.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:08 PM
dpoll995
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

No issue with leaks at all. I think the issues with leaks was with the first version. I have the newer version, the reefer 2.0. I just followed the instructions and I didn't use any rtv on the gaskets and mine is fine.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:09 PM
SG103
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No issue with leaks at all. I think the issues with leaks was with the first version. I have the newer version, the reefer 2.0. I just followed the instructions and I didn't use any rtv on the gaskets and mine is fine.
Good deal that's the same one I got, hopefully have mine on this week sometime.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:29 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Back last year I installed one also back in September before a 2500 mile ride in Colorado. Great product ALTHOUGH the cheap off shore fittings a pieces of crap. I would have raised the price a few bucks and offered better fittings. I stripped out one and they ended up sending me a new cooler for free. I replaced the fittings with Phenix Performance fittings and Race line hoses. I have a Temp Gauge installed in my fairing (Installing a sending unit was a whole another challenge! Certainly would have been nice of HD to install a bung in the oil pan!). The temp now runs substantially cooler as I haven't seen the gauge even hit 220. We will see what it does in the SoCal summer heat. I rode it last week when the temps were in the 80's and still never saw over 220. The fans are quite but when the motor shuts down you can hear them. The fans also drop the oil temp almost instantly as you can see the temp change with in a few minutes.
As far as fitment goes, installing the unit with a True-Track was a bit of a challenge which required some longer bolts and some bending and grinding of the mounts.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:04 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 75 Posts

Here's another option for those looking: Name:  IMG_20170214_124315_zpsleuan64j.jpg
Views: 1730
Size:  4.33 MB

Jagg 10 row /w fan. I got it to work with the HD engine guard with minor modification.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:03 PM
averagegeekinkc
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there that much benefit of taking the stock Harley oil cooler off and replacing it with something like UltraCool?

My Ride: 2016 FXDLS - 117 kit, 2 into 1 pipes, starting my Power Vision tuning also

Old 03-28-2017, 09:12 PM
dpoll995
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I never had a stock oil cooler, so all I can do it guess. But since the ultracool has twin fans I would have to guess that it could probably get you through a longer period of heavy traffic than the stock cooler. If your moving, there is probably not a difference. If you interested in the ultracool, call them and ask. I spoke to Earl at ultracool a couple times. He has done a lot of the testing on the ultracool.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:18 PM
caoboii
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never had a stock oil cooler, so all I can do it guess. But since the ultracool has twin fans I would have to guess that it could probably get you through a longer period of heavy traffic than the stock cooler. If your moving, there is probably not a difference. If you interested in the ultracool, call them and ask. I spoke to Earl at ultracool a couple times. He has done a lot of the testing on the ultracool.
hey guys, I'm reviving this thread because I currently have the BK bars. Is there an oil cooler that would fit where I wouldn't have to relocate anything?

Quick Reply: Ultracool oil cooler