Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Reviews on FXR Division's Hard Bags for Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 09:42 AM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx1985
A few guys bought them up early and I think they stopped producing them.

Hahahaha thats my boys bike, we call it El Chupacabra! Aside from the funky paint, he's on of the best riders Ive ever met. He's doing a full makeover with new bags and paint and all that jazz. The bags are pretty rad, I always like a good set of P bags on Dynas and FXRs. Imzz Elite Vehicle Concepts has a new FXRP style bag kit now and its pretty damn solid, and you can run them with piggybacks and not have to turn them with the piggyback facing forward which is nice.

Last edited by TheSSPirate; 03-04-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Sunrider42
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F86
I have the Leather Pros LP3100 bags (not the T-Sport bags), and I was able to pack enough to travel solo for four nights/five days pretty comfortably. The only other storage on the bike was a pretty standard tool roll, and a small Bad&G side pouch. I was able to carry enough clothes, tools, oil, water, energy bars,plastic tarp, bike lock, etc. to travel comfortably. For me, the Leather Pros bags have one GIANT advantage that few others have: They come off really easily and leave almost no trace. I only put them on if I'm travelling or shopping.

To my eye, the bike looks so much better bagless...
I agree with you and that is one reason I am leaning towards the Leatherpros....that and the price. But I do have the feeling that I'll probably just be leaving the bags on 90% of the time, and with the LP's I worry about the Phoenix sun eating them alive. I've had UV treated cordura bags turn to shreds in the span of one summer here.

I'm hoping to swing by FXR Division when they get a set complete to check out the hardbags in person before making my final decision.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:03 AM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 900 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunrider42
But I do have the feeling that I'll probably just be leaving the bags on 90% of the time, and with the LP's I worry about the Phoenix sun eating them alive. I've had UV treated cordura bags turn to shreds in the span of one summer here.
They do make a full-leather version of the T-Sport bag...

But if they're staying on the bike almost permanently, I can see the appeal of a hard bag.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Sunrider42
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F86
They do make a full-leather version of the T-Sport bag...

But if they're staying on the bike almost permanently, I can see the appeal of a hard bag.
Yeah, I know, just not a fan of the leather bags. It starts crossing over into that Judas Priest realm for me.