Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Non HD) Brembo front calipers and rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016 | 11:02 PM
XcellMusic
|
Novice
Default (Non HD) Brembo front calipers and rotors

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of converting my 2012 Street Bob to dual disks, and I've been studying my options. I came across the picture attached to this thread and I would love to know what Calipers and Rotors are those (Infos and/or parts number welcome) cause that look like a very sweet setup and I have always trusted Brembo. I'm also switching to those 6 spokes slotted wheels as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could prove any infos!

Best

Attached Thumbnails (Non HD) Brembo front calipers and rotors-click.jpg  

Last edited by XcellMusic; 05-29-2016 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Adding picture.
Old 05-30-2016 | 04:04 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member

Just picked these up a couple of weeks ago. Still sourcing lines. Call and talk to Tara.Honestly,for the cost it makes perfect sense IMO. Sure their not 6 piston "Mono Block" calipers (billet) or whatever but from a week or so of making calls and digging into Ducati forums,2 of those in the front would have been WAY overkill for the street.So yeah,4 piston-4 pad in the front and a 4 piston-2 pad for the rear. I also shopped ISR pretty hard but their stateside support is kinda weak.IF they had a 4 piston package with brackets I may have jumped on it. ISR does make some cool hand controls though. Hope this helps.
http://www.qtmi.com/amerstreetCALIPER.html

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
pdf9C6B.pdf (5.7 KB, 181 views)

Last edited by HrdNox; 05-30-2016 at 04:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
XcellMusic (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016 | 05:08 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

I believe those are the ones that I have been doing for manyh years using my damper rod adapters or 30mm cartridges in V-Rod sliders using stock Dyna 49mm fork tubes. They also work on OEM 39mm pre-2006 Dynas with a dual caliper fork sliders or 2000~current FLT's . There is a set of caliper adapters to allow use of our 320mm full floating SS rotors. These Brembos are called 65mm twin pins. We also have spoke mount 320's mm as well as the pictured hub mount. I have many applications.

The following users liked this post:
XcellMusic (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016 | 01:01 PM
XcellMusic
|
Novice

Originally Posted by FastHarley
I believe those are the ones that I have been doing for manyh years using my damper rod adapters or 30mm cartridges in V-Rod sliders using stock Dyna 49mm fork tubes. They also work on OEM 39mm pre-2006 Dynas with a dual caliper fork sliders or 2000~current FLT's . There is a set of caliper adapters to allow use of our 320mm full floating SS rotors. These Brembos are called 65mm twin pins. We also have spoke mount 320's mm as well as the pictured hub mount. I have many applications.

Hi Howard, thanks for your reply.

I currently have a stock single disk on a 2012 FXDB, I'm gonna change my lowers to the 49mm dual disk, (The ones on the newer low rider) So do you sell the adapter so I can direct bolt these 65mm Brembo calipers directly?

I'm also gonna change the laced wheels for the 6 spokes slotted cast ones, are the 320 mm rotors direct bolt, or do I also need some kind of adapter?

Thanks a lot for your help, looking forward to read you.

Old 05-30-2016 | 01:09 PM
XcellMusic
|
Novice

So now my other question is comparing my option A with this 320mm rotors and (real) Brembo Calipers.

I ride pretty aggressively, so realistically, How does the Dual Disk conversions with HD Touring & V-rod Calipers + 300mm rotors compare to this all Brembo 320mm rotors and (real) Brembo Calipers?

Does anyone has ridden both and can give a point of comparison?
I do not want to "overkill" it and if the HD is gonna offer me enough stopping power, I might save some $ and go with option B but I would love to have some testimony.

Thank you all for your help.

Old 05-30-2016 | 05:03 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by XcellMusic
Hi Howard, thanks for your reply.

I currently have a stock single disk on a 2012 FXDB, I'm gonna change my lowers to the 49mm dual disk, (The ones on the newer low rider) So do you sell the adapter so I can direct bolt these 65mm Brembo calipers directly?

I'm also gonna change the laced wheels for the 6 spokes slotted cast ones, are the 320 mm rotors direct bolt, or do I also need some kind of adapter?

Thanks a lot for your help, looking forward to read you.
Just call tomorrow as I am quitting work now to watch some war movies for Memorial day. I will give y9u the real run down as I have been doing it for a long time, maybe 10+ years or so. I have many posts on this subject on this and other sites.