Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 and up 19" enforcer front wheel on 08 fat bob

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016 | 06:31 AM
Jgity
Advanced

As a fellow fatbob owner please post pics when done. It's gonna look bad ***. I just put fat spokes on my bike. Only 18's tho. But changed the whole entire look of bike. Good luck man.

Old 05-20-2016 | 06:50 AM
hsr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Ok then you're all set...

Use everything from the 2014-later "Touring": Sliders, Calipers, Wheel/Rotors, Axle, Spacers, etc. It will bolt right up.
This means the damper tube (seat pipe), oil lock (stop) and bottom seat pipe screw all swap over? No size difference issues like with the VROD lowers using the Dyna fork tubes and internals?

Last edited by hsr; 05-20-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-20-2016 | 06:53 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Correct...No Vrod issue. Same 14mm bolt opposed to Vrod's 8mm

FWIW (12mm and 6mm Hex keys are used for people that confuse this )

Also I would expect the Dyna Damper rod (bottom pipe) to be longer than the "Touring" because the sliders are longer (just like the comparison to Vrod parts) but i don't have any 49mm Touring Damper Rods to measure

Last edited by multihdrdr; 05-20-2016 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-07-2016 | 10:54 PM
FatbobSquatch
|
Novice

Hey guys. Sorrys its taken so long to reply. Recieved some wrong parts and had a couple birthdays to attend haha but all I'm waiting non is rotor mounting hardware and the axle. But was wonderjngnif I could use my dyba caliper mounting hardware for the touring sliders and calipers? Wasn't sure but they looked the same at a glance

Old 06-07-2016 | 11:02 PM
FatbobSquatch
|
Novice

And no ABS on my Dyna, but I don't know if the wheel was off an ABS SG or not. Not sure how to check it on the wheel. Newbie problem lol

Old 06-08-2016 | 07:05 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by FatbobSquatch
But was wonderjngnif I could use my dyba caliper mounting hardware for the touring sliders and calipers? Wasn't sure but they looked the same at a glance
Caliper mounting bolts Not ALL the same. Lower Dyna bolt same as all Touring Brembo bolts...You need 2 new bolts to install the set.

Old 06-08-2016 | 07:07 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by FatbobSquatch
And no ABS on my Dyna, but I don't know if the wheel was off an ABS SG or not. Not sure how to check it on the wheel. Newbie problem lol
Do all the bearings have the same appearance?

If yes, then no...If no, then yes

Old 06-08-2016 | 05:28 PM
FatbobSquatch
|
Novice

So need to get caliper mounting bolts then. I'll be able to check bearings once off work.
Another question, would I be able to just buy touring axle spacers and use my Dyna axle? Couldn't find much info on it and I thought since they were both 25mm I thought maybe it could work. Though from other experiences I have a feeling that's not gonna fly lol

Old 06-08-2016 | 05:31 PM
FatbobSquatch
|
Novice

If I had my car running , I'd just leave my front wheel off and home and try to fit this all up as I go. Unfortunately, my case is that my bike is my only source of transportation at the moment. So, that's why I'm trying to get everything in line first. I hate that its had to take so long so far haha

Old 06-08-2016 | 05:34 PM
FatbobSquatch
|
Novice

Originally Posted by Jgity
As a fellow fatbob owner please post pics when done. It's gonna look bad ***. I just put fat spokes on my bike. Only 18's tho. But changed the whole entire look of bike. Good luck man.
Killer ride man. I love fat spoke wheels and before I got this good deal on the enforcer wheel, I was going to go that route. I've really wanted to see a set with a black hub and ring, then staggered black and chrome spokes. I think they'd pop really well, but that'll be a project for a different bike of mine in the future lol

Quick Reply: 2014 and up 19" enforcer front wheel on 08 fat bob