Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 06:02 AM
Rockabillphil
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speedy7
It's HOME!! picked it up today from Mackie HD and rode it home, it was freezing (2 degree celcius which I think is 35degree faharenheit). I put about 50k on it mainly doing highway speeds.

Absolutely loved it! The suspension is a step up, it handled bumps with no trouble that would have had my 08 fxdc twitching, over traintracks the bike was very settled. I didnt push it though corners as the roads here were very cold but hopefully someone down south can let us know how it feels through a corner when you hit a bump. Definitely can feel the torque; break in means I gotta keep it under 4k RPM for 800km but even then in 6th gear a light roll on from 2500rpm to 3300 rpm had it rocketing from 120km - 140 (or 70-85mph) in a way my 96 stage 1 would have required me to drop down to 4th. I test rode a Slim S with the 110b in the fall and this is noticeably faster (but that makes sense with no counterbalancer, the intake and about 50lbs less mass)

The windscreen took enough wind off my chest to make it a relatively comfortable 45 minute blast on the highway (at 70mph). On my Dyna without a fairing I would have been hanging on to the handlebars for dear life. What also helped is the seat which gives a little extra support and the seating allows you to lean into the wind a little. The seating position worked really well for me (6" 185lbs 34 inseam).

There is no ignition switch, just a button on the handlebar since the factory alarm is standard. They added a gear indicator on the trip computer, you switch between it, the clock, estimated fuel remaining using a button on your handlebar.

I got cut off at one point and grabbed front brake hard (on cold roads), I don't know if ABS kicked in but it stopped well although it clearly stops better when you use the rear brake too. My first impression is the brakes feel a bit spongy but it's a step up from the FXDC dyna single disk.... I was using 2 fingers; perhaps a full grip would be better... will keep playing around with other techniques to see what works the best for me (and I think it's the same brakes on the dyna fatbob so maybe that's typical?

The electronic throttle was fine. I liked that there was no slop (something I'm always fiddling with to get rid of) and cruise is a nice gadget although I don't know how much I'll use it but not complaining! I did use it a few min to get my hand out of the wind and let it warm up (did I mention it was friggin freezing!!) The clutch pull was fine.

Pipes are quiet (as expected) it's a 2 into 1 into 2. I don't know if it's the same pipe on the fat bob to be honest but it very much could be.

it's what I hoped for! prob going to throw on a set of highway peg's and put passenger pegs so I can take wifey for a spin. After a little bit more seat time I'll decide on what's next.

Any other question let me know.

Looks good! Same license plate set up as the streetbob we get in Canada?

Old 03-22-2016, 07:30 AM
SASK_RT
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockabillphil
Looks good! Same license plate set up as the streetbob we get in Canada?
I'm sure his would be the same as the street bob that we get in Canada...he is is Canada.

It looks like the US one gets a side mounted plate

Old 03-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Not sure if any of you have seen the new Harley add on TV with this bike in it. Saw it last night for the first time. Pretty cool.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:20 AM
Rockabillphil
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SASK_RT
I'm sure his would be the same as the street bob that we get in Canada...he is is Canada.

It looks like the US one gets a side mounted plate
Ya exactly. From the picture you can tell it is not a side mounted plate but was just wondering if they mounted it just like the street bob. Not the best looking set up but still better than a side mounted plate, imo.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:49 PM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by speedy7
Ive heard the same from a dealer but I can't see what it could be, At any rate I don't think it would look good without a fairing as the brackets will still be there but if you were putting another fairing on they'd be covered up. I didn't see any wires running into it unless it's something for the US market? Mine is a Canadian bike

I agree I wouldn't run it without a fairing either but I think HD got a bargin on those fairings off of ebay...lol

Old 03-22-2016, 09:27 PM
SamuriD
Stage III
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rode me be home today. After riding an iron 1200 for the last three years this bike rides like a dream. I didn't like the quiet mufflers but I wanted to stay with the stock look for now so I had some rush slip ons thrown on. Sounds great. Love the bike! Brakes are a bit spongy.

I will Dyno tune at 1000 miles and post some #s.

The following users liked this post:
Foreboding (09-19-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 12:08 AM
blackfriar
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Mine came in today. My dealer called at 1600 to say it was ready. I was out on my GSA all day because we are expecting about a foot of snow in the next 48 hours and I wanted to get some riding in. I took my SO over to take a look. Even the employees couldn't stop looking at it. I'll pick it up next week when the weather clears. First impressions and pics to follow.

The following users liked this post:
Renardfx (03-23-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 04:42 PM
Strac117
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got done putting the first 50 on the new bike! So far I love this bike lots of power even without bringing the RPM above 3500. Everywhere I stop people have been talking about it and how great it looks. It took less then a week for Reno Harley to do the 117 drop in kit exhaust seat sissy bar highway pegs and handle bars. Not enough time for any high speed cornering but from 20-60mph it feels like a jet on rails bumps are no issue suspension feels perfect (as it should). Over all I am very pleased with this machine, oh and the flat gold looks pretty good after I got used to it initially I was expecting a brighter gold and was a little disappointed but this is far less obnoxious and the blacked out everything looks great together.

Old 03-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,746 Likes on 828 Posts

Originally Posted by Strac117
Just got done putting the first 50 on the new bike! So far I love this bike lots of power even without bringing the RPM above 3500. Everywhere I stop people have been talking about it and how great it looks. It took less then a week for Reno Harley to do the 117 drop in kit exhaust seat sissy bar highway pegs and handle bars. Not enough time for any high speed cornering but from 20-60mph it feels like a jet on rails bumps are no issue suspension feels perfect (as it should). Over all I am very pleased with this machine, oh and the flat gold looks pretty good after I got used to it initially I was expecting a brighter gold and was a little disappointed but this is far less obnoxious and the blacked out everything looks great together.
Post a picture please... (or three)

Old 03-23-2016, 04:53 PM
Strac117
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The only thing I would say I'm not totally happy with is that fairing wish Harley would have made it a storage door if they had to block the top of the fairing. And for anyone still thinking about it there are no electronics behind the fairing.

Attached Thumbnails New Low Rider S-image.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Strac117:
HuskerPilot (05-23-2016), Lorddaftbiker (03-23-2016)

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S