Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 11:20 AM
speedy7
Novice
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
I was on the fence for a while with the RRII's, but after upgrading to the 110 motor I couldn't be happier. The bike sounds so bad-***, and almost everyone comments on how killer it looks/sounds. They do drag when getting into the twisties, but I have stock suspension and think that it'll not be a problem at all once I can afford an upgrade.

Rumor is the FXDL-S has the 259E. Not sure if that's fact, but that's the cam that comes with the new 110 kits. Leading 'me' to think it's probably the 259. But I've been wrong before, and would like to know for sure. As I'm sure everyone else does as well. Especially owners.

Not sure if the Quick Detach is the same as what goes on the FXDC, but if so it's an easy DIY mod. 'Bout an hour and a couple of frosty beers and you're in business.
I heard the 259 cam rumor somewhere too, the dealership thought it was the one. On a website I heard that it coud have the 585 but that seems a bit farfetched.

I took the total control motorcycling course; get the book on kindle and the concepts may help with not dragging parts (I noticed a big difference)

Old 03-20-2016, 11:42 AM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SBRob
Well, I went to my local HD dealership to check out the new LRS...none in stock but they made sure to let me know the bike will be treated the same as a CVO bike due to limited production and will be marked up $3-4K over MSRP. lol These guys are freakin' bandits. They also want to charge $995.00 for dealer prep.

I'm happy with my 2014 LR and would never lose thousands to get a LRS

I've purchased three new Harleys from this dealer since 2008 and I swear I'll NEVER buy another bike from them...I don't take it personal, but I'm tired of their arrogance.
What a rip off. Reminds me of back in the late 90's ,early 2000's when there was a waiting list for Harley's. Many dealers marked up bikes 3-4K. Not my dealership. They were true to the MSRP. Unfortunately they were just sold to another local dealer who did gouge people. HD made them take the sale too.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:59 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

So I stopped by the 2 local dealers yesterday (Sat) because they had some "going ons" ...both had the LRS, but the 2nd one also had this...

FXDB

The following users liked this post:
DUALLS (03-20-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 12:05 PM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A fixed fairing?

Old 03-20-2016, 12:14 PM
Relbus
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Now put that fairing on the lowrider S....that would look sick!

Old 03-20-2016, 12:46 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

Fairing don't go, looks like the space shuttle.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Lorddaftbiker
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the new machine, Speedy! I plunked down my deposit for the S yesterday, it's gonna be a long 3-4 week wait. Please post pics of the café screen. I'm thinking of ditching it for a slightly larger quarter fairing and I don't know whether there are any electronics behind the stock unit that I would have to deal with. Curious about that. Also curious to know about exhaust options, such as whether current Vance & Hines exhaust systems for 103 Dynas would work with the 110 motor. Any insight on these two questions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Foreboding (09-19-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 07:19 PM
zrx4me
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aces&8s
Fairing don't go, looks like the space shuttle.
or darth vaders helmet

Old 03-20-2016, 08:26 PM
DUALLS
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorddaftbiker
Congrats on the new machine, Speedy! I plunked down my deposit for the S yesterday, it's gonna be a long 3-4 week wait. Please post pics of the café screen. I'm thinking of ditching it for a slightly larger quarter fairing and I don't know whether there are any electronics behind the stock unit that I would have to deal with. Curious about that. Also curious to know about exhaust options, such as whether current Vance & Hines exhaust systems for 103 Dynas would work with the 110 motor. Any insight on these two questions would be appreciated. Thanks!
They will work.I just went through this when I did my 110.

Lorddaftbiker (03-20-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 10:11 PM
speedy7
Novice
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorddaftbiker
didnt get great pics, need more light... will try and see if I can take a few in dailylight if I get home from work early enough. I flashed a light in behind the fairing and didn't see any electronics back there. Looks like a few bolts (allan key) and it'll come off pretty easily. I think the back of the screen could open up (just infront of the risers) and maybe the space could be used for something (maybe a small glove box?)

Low Rider S Fairing

Attached Thumbnails New Low Rider S-dyna-low-rider-s.jpg   New Low Rider S-img_20160320_215622.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by speedy7:
Foreboding (09-19-2016), Lorddaftbiker (03-21-2016)

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S