Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Further forward mid control kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015 | 08:48 PM
apblingAEW
|
Road Captain
Default Further forward mid control kit

Has anyone tried these out? Keeps the mids, gives you a little more comfort and no dealing with the primary and shift rod move.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...id-control-kit

Price is high for what you get in my opinion. Maybe there is an aftermarket option.

Old 07-13-2015 | 08:52 PM
AdamM
Road Captain

Thats what comes on the FXDL. Might be able to find a take off set either here or ebay from someone going to forwards

Old 07-13-2015 | 09:10 PM
apblingAEW
|
Road Captain
Default Further forward mid control kit

Just found that. May have to keep an eye out

Old 07-13-2015 | 09:41 PM
big ron
Tourer

I got a set of modified mid controls of a 2014 low rider; they call them modified mids because they are 2-inches forward of the standard mids that come on most dynas. Picked them up on ebay for $80 and it was well worth it. You still have your feet under you but more relaxed position.

Attached Thumbnails Further forward mid control kit-img_0616.jpg  
Old 07-13-2015 | 09:53 PM
big ron
Tourer

Sorry, I should have read the entire post. The further forwards mids you listed are what I currently have and they are stock on the FXDL. I am tall but came from a sport bike background and wanted my feet under me but the stock mids were a little cramped for long rides. I went to forwards for a few years which I absolutely hated; great for the interstate but not in the curves which is where we do most of our riding. I switched to these as soon as I could find a pair. The forwards are great for the interstate but they give you no leverage with your feet. The FFM's are fantastic for all conditions.

Old 07-13-2015 | 10:01 PM
DonN
Road Warrior

Just bought a used set off of ebay as well from a 2014 low rider. $80 from above post is a great price, but anything less than the $300 from the dealership will do you well.

I have the 2-1 bassanis and it fits with them. Helps to take the pipes off. Lot more comfort and no more melting my boot on the heat shield.

Old 07-14-2015 | 01:30 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Smile

Originally Posted by apblingAEW
Has anyone tried these out? Keeps the mids, gives you a little more comfort and no dealing with the primary and shift rod move.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...id-control-kit

Price is high for what you get in my opinion. Maybe there is an aftermarket option.
Love my further forward mid controls. Got mine on ebay for about $150.

Old 07-14-2015 | 05:44 AM
darkhdshadow
Cruiser

Do you guys runs highway pegs with them?

Old 07-14-2015 | 05:57 AM
charger426
Cruiser

I noticed in the 2 reviews on HD's site that people complained about the brake lever being to far down. is that just them not knowing how to adjust it or does this kit use all the length the brake rod has?

Old 07-14-2015 | 06:08 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

I have them and have plenty of adjustability using the brake rod but that's just me.

I haven't put a set of highway pegs on yet but plan to at some point.

Quick Reply: Further forward mid control kit