Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Fairing/Windscreen

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:36 PM
Rubline
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Fat Bob Fairing/Windscreen

I am tired of getting beat up by the wind blast while riding at highway speeds. Any of you guy/gals have a fairing/windscreen mounted to your Fat Bob? I can't decide which one I should get. There isn't must of a selection out there for a Fat Bob. Photos of your Fat Bob with faring would be a great help.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:27 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,479 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Here's mine. Fairing from Phil Birch in the Netherlands. I preferred the look of the Dougz fairing a little bit, but here in the UK, that would have been nearly 3x the price by the time I got it delivered.

This works great - it feels to me that the wind blast is reduced by about 30mph or so - so 90 now feels like 60 used to do. Very thick fibreglass, extremely strong, well built, mounts solid as a rock and delivered ready finished in either matt or gloss black.

At some point I might sculpt the bottom corners into a more rounded shape, but for now I am happy with it.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:23 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

[I]Running a national cycles shield that I trimed so it fits tighter around the lights great little shield

Old 04-10-2015, 11:32 PM
Northern B
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Long Ride Shields Universal "Mustang" dark tint, the curved lip deflects a lot of air.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:48 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a dougz on mine. It made a nice difference at speed and I think it looks awesome.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob Fairing/Windscreen-fbled1.jpg  
Old 04-11-2015, 09:35 AM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Windvest

I love the 14" Windvest on mine. It is small enough that I look over it and it doesn't "Stick Out" on the bike .. It also has sort of traditional look, like the big old barn doors that have been mounted for decades.... but with a modern twist.
Doesn't give a Cafe Racer look, if that's what you are after then it isn't the one.
Doesn't affect handling.
Does take all of the windblast off ... I can now run 80-85mph and one hand it no problem.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob Fairing/Windscreen-fatbob-with-windvest.jpg  
Old 04-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Rubline
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Motolocopat, I see that your Fat Bob is a 2010, did the clamps that came with the shield fit the handle bars? I have a 2014, I would think that the bar diameter would be the same. Do you agree? I am at their web site as I type and I am looking for a dark tint shield. Wow, What size shield do you have? I just saw the price on them!!

Old 04-12-2015, 09:11 AM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubline
Motolocopat, I see that your Fat Bob is a 2010, did the clamps that came with the shield fit the handle bars? I have a 2014, I would think that the bar diameter would be the same. Do you agree? I am at their web site as I type and I am looking for a dark tint shield. Wow, What size shield do you have? I just saw the price on them!!
Yeah they aren't cheap. Ever once in a while a take off pops up.
Yes they have clamps that fit perfectly. And I think it just fits the Fatbob.
Think it is 14" .. will confirm when I get home late Sunday.

I bought mine on a trip to Bike week and after my 2 day 1300 mile ride there I really wanted a windshield for the ride home. Had already pretty well settled on the Windvest based on other reviews. I finally stumbled upon the Windvest guys area literally as I was leaving Daytona and whipped in and the owner himself was the one who installed it, great guy BTW. I'd have thought he would have installed it with more rake to it but it is installed essentially in line with the forks. It is all very good quality and I've never even adjusted it or had to tighten it since purchased.

The ride home was MUCH more enjoyable and it still has the feel and look of a naked bike.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:09 PM
daveblank
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's mine with a Reckless Motorcycles fairing.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:43 AM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I like the windscreens on both Target's and Northern's bike. What are the heights on them guys? Northern, yours looks alot like a Buell setup with it being dark tint instead of clear.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Fairing/Windscreen