Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some tail-light/turn-signal setup inspiration for FXDB

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 11:58 AM
NuckaMan
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need some tail-light/turn-signal setup inspiration for FXDB

I picked up a base model 15' Street Bob right before Xmas. I'm not digging the side-mounted license plate and stock location and style of tail/turn lights.

Even after pouring over pics of various setups, still could use more ideas and inspiration.

Could folks here be kind enough to post up pics of your modified/aftermarket tail-light and turn-signal setups using the stock "bobbed" fender.

Some day, I may spring for a Super Glide fender swap, but for now, I gonna keep it as is.

Thanks.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,600 Likes on 843 Posts

Here's my current setup. In the next few months I'm going to be changing over to a fender like yours. I'm planning on putting the license plate/signal combo pictured here onto the new fender, and rewiring it so the two lights work as the brake light as well, like the newer Street Bobs. I may cut the stalks shorter also.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:06 PM
T Prescott
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Great Bike Gear's kit worked for me with a little modification.

Attached Thumbnails Need some tail-light/turn-signal setup inspiration for FXDB-turn-signal-relocation-kit.jpg   Need some tail-light/turn-signal setup inspiration for FXDB-017.jpg  
Old 01-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Crustysalmon
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this set-up. Got the idea off the gentleman here with the green street bob. It's a Harley softail relocation kit / stems- that was used on the rear fender piece that is standard here in Australia, but is available as a license plate relocation solution for you in the US.

But i've also just installed the Great Bike Gear kit yesterday. I'm much happier with it. Just waiting on the illuminator to install.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:38 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy

Originally Posted by Crazy
I may cut the stalks shorter also.

If those are removable stalks (can't tell exactly from photo whether they are integral or not), you can buy the short ones inexpensively from DragSpecialties. Chrome #8821, Black #2020-0161

Old 01-02-2015, 10:04 AM
speedkills66
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The setup from Great Bike Gear is the way to go.
Here's a couple of pics with the kit and the stock turn signals. Since then I've changed to smaller Arlen Ness LED rear turn signals...

I also removed the license light tab at the bottom of the bracket - that looked a little funky to me.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:57 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I used to run a Custom Dynamics LED Strip on the bottom edge of my bob fender that operated as a stop/tail/turn alone with a side mounted Road 6 Customs plate w/ a model A light that I also upgraded to LED.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:33 PM
NuckaMan
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks fellas for the responses so far.

That Great Bike Gear setup looks like the ticket for me. Looks well done and clean.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,600 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
If those are removable stalks (can't tell exactly from photo whether they are integral or not), you can buy the short ones inexpensively from DragSpecialties. Chrome #8821, Black #2020-0161

Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:41 PM
greatbikegear
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Love hearing that you guys are loving the STBMS kit.

Just so you know, if you are looking for the cleaner look that speedkills66 wanted, we do now have the STBMS-02, which removes that lower tab and comes with a lighted license plate frame.

Quick Reply: Need some tail-light/turn-signal setup inspiration for FXDB