Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Antenna Cable Connector

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Gone Blue
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Radio Antenna Cable Connector

Having added a removable trunk kit on my 97' FLHTC-I, I am taking the trunk on and off regularly. Well last time I put it on I must have cross-threaded the radio antenna cable connector when tightening it on the antenna. I pretty much destroyed it trying to get it off with pliers.

Can you buy just the cable connector end from some place? I have searched on line and have not found a similar style connector. Do I have any options other replacing the antenna cable from the radio back on the bike?

Thanks, G.B.

Attached Thumbnails Radio Antenna Cable Connector-cable-end-1.jpg   Radio Antenna Cable Connector-cable-end.jpg  
Old 10-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 468 Likes on 393 Posts

If you have a radio shack around you or a truck stop that may have a cb shop take your bike by there and show them what you are trying to repair.

If push comes to shove go to home depot or Menards and get repair/replacement ends for cable tv coax cable.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Gone Blue
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy
If you have a radio shack around you or a truck stop that may have a cb shop take your bike by there and show them what you are trying to repair.

If push comes to shove go to home depot or Menards and get repair/replacement ends for cable tv coax cable.
I will try and stop by a Radio Shack. I looked at their web site and didnt see anything but its worth a stop. I also have looked at a Truck stop too with no luck. Thanks, G.B.