Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6x9 speaker lids

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 06:59 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 6x9 speaker lids

I'm considering converting my 2013 to the new Rushmore style bags and I've been researching speaker lids. I like the hogtunes 14 and up lids but I guess they only come with speakers....wtf? I'm wanting to swap my Bt 6x9s into the new lids, has anyone done this yet? As far as 6x9 lids the only other options I e seen are cycle sounds which I'm not crazy about the design and the baddad lids. I read a review of the baddad lids that wasn't that great. Does anyone know if the bt6x9s will fit the new hogtunes lids? I'm not against alittle custom work but I don't want a nightmare either. Is the bracket on the ht lids part of the tweeter or could I mout my Bt tweeter on the ht tweeter bracket?

Last edited by ridedaddy; 12-12-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Check out Factory Match for the HT Lids, as you do have the option of no speakers but for 50 bucks I had them throw them in as a back up set for long road trips in crappy rainy weather.
Have had 4 different 6x9s in the HT kids and takes minutes to swap. Have not tried the BT 6x9 so no clue as to why they would be that unique of a footprint to be concerned, but again I have never touched them so don't know. Bill would know in a nano second.
As for the bags and lids at Factory Match, they simply do amazing paint work and can speak from experience on that topic, bags, lids, front fender, rear fender.... all exceptional paint by Brad.
T.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Check out Factory Match for the HT Lids, as you do have the option of no speakers but for 50 bucks I had them throw them in as a back up set for long road trips in crappy rainy weather.
Have had 4 different 6x9s in the HT kids and takes minutes to swap. Have not tried the BT 6x9 so no clue as to why they would be that unique of a footprint to be concerned, but again I have never touched them so don't know. Bill would know in a nano second.
As for the bags and lids at Factory Match, they simply do amazing paint work and can speak from experience on that topic, bags, lids, front fender, rear fender.... all exceptional paint by Brad.
T.
Ridedaddy is wanting to convert to the rushmore lids Tailwind. The BT speakers have a unique tweeter configuration that only fits with the old hog tune lids. What my friend ridedaddy is asking is if anyone has tried the BT 6x9's in the "New" rushmore style lids made by HT. I'll be following his thread because I would like to know as well. This is brand new territory on the forum.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:16 PM
nick4737
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Ridedaddy is wanting to convert to the rushmore lids Tailwind. The BT speakers have a unique tweeter configuration that only fits with the old hog tune lids. What my friend ridedaddy is asking is if anyone has tried the BT 6x9's in the "New" rushmore style lids made by HT. I'll be following his thread because I would like to know as well. This is brand new territory on the forum.
I'm thinking I saw a post by bill from biketronics back when the 14 up hog tunes lids came out and he said the bt 6x9s did not fit but he was playing around me with the hog tunes speakers that come with them and he said he was pretty impressed by them

Old 12-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Got it. Learning as we go. Thanks for getting me out of the weeds.

T.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:05 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master

Could you take a few detailed photos of you lids tailwind? I couldn't see any reason that the 6x9 itself couldn't be made to fit? It would be mounting the tweeter in a respectable fashion that I am more concerned with.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ridedaddy
Could you take a few detailed photos of you lids tailwind? I couldn't see any reason that the 6x9 itself couldn't be made to fit? It would be mounting the tweeter in a respectable fashion that I am more concerned with.
Absolutely. Give me a bit as I'm out and about.

T.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Basically the beveled extended bags and HT lids. The 6x9 area has some room for play as the HT speakers has side mount tweeter bar but I cut that out for the speakers I have been tinkering with.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Hope the pics came thru

Attached Thumbnails 6x9 speaker lids-photo241.jpg   6x9 speaker lids-photo691.jpg   6x9 speaker lids-photo624.jpg   6x9 speaker lids-photo312.jpg  
Old 12-14-2015, 04:55 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master

Thank you tailwind for taking the time to post pics. I guess the only question that I'm left with is concerning the tweeter that you removed. Was the tweeter mount part of the tweeter itself? I guess I'm asking if another tweeter could have been mounted to the tweeter mount or was the mount part of the tweeter? Hope that makes since to you...

Quick Reply: 6x9 speaker lids