Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another 30T power pulley install...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 07:47 AM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default another 30T power pulley install...

This is a fantastic addition to anyone who does a lot of city riding on their 6 speed trannys. It pulls so nicely, now. And it doesn't want to lug in 3rd and 4th, anymore.

I also added a Barnett heavy duty clutch spring with RevTec primary oil.

Clutch lever is a little tougher, but that doesn't bother me. But it grabs so nicely, and shifting is very smooth.

Very happy.

Also, after having installed the PC3 last year my fuel consumption plummeted and I was going through spark plugs. I was obviously burning through fuel like an arsonist burns through matches. Was running very rich regardless of how well I tuned this thing.

So I yanked it... reinstalled the O2 sensors, put some NGK Iridiums, and will have it tuned at a local dealer with a SERT. They have my old map with the stage 1 upgrade when I bought it, so it's all good.

Next year... heads, cylinders, and pistons from Headquarters.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:23 AM
mud
muderator
Received 8,739 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by jsbridgew
This is a fantastic addition to anyone who does a lot of city riding on their 6 speed trannys. It pulls so nicely, now. And it doesn't want to lug in 3rd and 4th, anymore.

Clutch lever is a little tougher, but that doesn't bother me. But it grabs so nicely, and shifting is very smooth.

Very happy.

Also, after having installed the PC3 last year my fuel consumption plummeted and I was going through spark plugs. I was obviously burning through fuel like an arsonist burns through matches. Was running very rich regardless of how well I tuned this thing.

So I yanked it... reinstalled the O2 sensors, put some NGK Iridiums, and will have it tuned at a local dealer with a SERT. They have my old map with the stage 1 upgrade when I bought it, so it's all good.

Good move Paul.

let me know when you get ready for those heads.
I have a set that were on my 95 in HQ motor.
had to get another set when I went to 121.

mud

Old 07-12-2009, 07:48 PM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior

Will those heads fit on my TC96, Mud? .....how many miles are on them? ....send me a PM! ...i'm interested

Old 07-12-2009, 08:46 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,739 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Will those heads fit on my TC96, Mud?

.....how many miles are on them?

....send me a PM! ...i'm interested

Paul, yes they will work on your 96.

miles?? probably 4-5000........... hard miles.

mud

Old 07-12-2009, 09:38 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Very happy.

As far as your PCIII goes...did you ever update the map to what closely resembled your setup? I've had my pcIII for 13months and have yet to "burn" through 1 set of plugs let alone the many you spoke about.

Where did you get the pulley from? That's the front pulley, right? Couldn't you achieve the same thing by using a larger rear pulley? A new belt is necessary for that mod, isn't it? 1 or 2 teeth smaller?

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 07-12-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:09 AM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior

Indeed, I updated the map in reference to the stage 1 and cams. I just couldn't get it right, neither could anyone else.

I filled her up yesterday morning...put about 60 miles on it yesterday and I still had more than a half a tank left.... any other time, I'd be lingering around a quarter tank

I got the pulley from Zanotti's... was a drag number
I suppose I could have used a larger rear wheel pulley, but I'd already powdercoated mine... also, i think it might be tough to find a larger rear pulley for the 07s considering how wide they are.

And yes, the power pulley is 2 teeth shy at 30 as opposed to the stock 32

No need to change out the belt, either. There's plenty of room. In fact, I think my belt might be too tight. I'm gonna pull back on the adjusters a bit tonight when I get home.

It's a very nice mod!

Old 07-13-2009, 07:22 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

So the only parts necessary is the actual pulley? Opening the primary is part of the mod, right? That means a primary gasket is also involved. Plus primary fluid.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:33 AM
txtec
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what did you use to recalibrate the speedo???its about 8mph too fast with the pulley change.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:47 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

There is a vrod 30t pulley on ebay. I wonder if it would work. It's only $45.00. I checked jp cycles catalog last night. Pulleys are $150-$160.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Fatbob_Bob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

part number used thru zanottis please????

Quick Reply: another 30T power pulley install...